ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats involved in changing spark plugs on 182?

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
going to change spark plugs what do i need to remove to change them in order please.

340i
coil pack

inlet manifold

leads

Do it when the engine is cold.. torque up the new plugs to 25Nm and use NGK PFR6E-10's :)

coil pack

inlet manifold

leads

Do it when the engine is cold.. torque up the new plugs to 25Nm and use NGK PFR6E-10's :)

And don't overtighten the 10mm Bolts that go into the inlets, as for torque of them.
Fcuk knows, just tight....
A bit of duck tape or something over the lower inlet holes may be an idea after you've remove the upper inlet (plenum stamped with Renault Sport) before you start.
You dont want anything falling down there and landing onto the valves :(

RB 182
Just out of curiosity...

Do you need to replace the gasket (I assume there is one in there!) between the plenum and the lower part of the inlet?

I'll be doing my plugs this weekend and would need to order a gasket before then if necessary.

Cheers.

Just out of curiosity...

Do you need to replace the gasket (I assume there is one in there!) between the plenum and the lower part of the inlet?

I'll be doing my plugs this weekend and would need to order a gasket before then if necessary.

Cheers.

I got away with using mine again and its a PTFE one.

Golf V6 4Motion
PTFE gaskets are reuseable - part of the joy/investment :)

OEM ones are supposed to be replaced, but people do report they have replaced it without any noticeable issues.