ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats mods to do my 172

howdy all i have a 172 have had for about 4-6weeks,

have put full koni suspension system on it
light weight 16"rims
k&n cone filter
Front mount oil cooler

what mods should i do next for more power apart from exhaust

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
boost.jpg

This.

have had loads ov boosted cars in the past wanted to keep the N/A side of this one for the time being,
um what sorta mods do these cars respond well to if any?
Also do extreme cams work well in this engine

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Decent tyres and brakes, speaking from experience. Unless you have a few quid don't expect big things to happen with sticking an exhaust/filter etc

Dan@519automotive has a cam package going at the moment.. 438's, matched inlets,remap and new k-tec induction setup for circa £1660 . And sees gains of upto 20bhp.

Become a member and checkout the traders section..

Dan@519automotive has a cam package going at the moment.. 438's, matched inlets,remap and new k-tec induction setup for circa £1600 iirc. And sees gains of upto 20bhp.

Become a member and checkout the traders section..

yea i may do this, currect me if i am wrong but the 182 the only differance is the exhaust manifold is that right?

yea i may do this, currect me if i am wrong but the 182 the only differance is the exhaust manifold is that right?

Manifold,cat and inlet manifolds are matched slightly better.

a fair few on here fit the 182 manifolds to their 172's

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
There arent really any cheap mods for good power gains, just replace all the suspension and steering bushes and joints etc so it handles properly is the best way to improve most of these cars now.

Manifold,cat and inlet manifolds are matched slightly better.

So what is the best manifold to upgrade to is there a particular system/brand. i mean the engine is the same so an upgraded manifold/downpipe 182 part should fit my 172. also i will get a de cated system for it. then when this is done i will get it remapped
i dont really want to fit just a 182 part it would surely be better to fit an upgraded 182 part as in theary would provide even more power gains.

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The standard exhaust manifold on a 172 will go WAY over 200bhp with no drama, 182 one is a ballache to fit for very little gains, there isnt really anything better available for sensible money to upgrade from a 182 one to, as the 182 one is so good, unless you are on a high comp build with massive cams and longer rods and generally a 20K engine, I wouldnt bother with anything beyond the standard 182 one.

We did 212bhp quite happily on Porkies with a standard 172 exhaust manifiold.

The standard exhaust manifold on a 172 will go WAY over 200bhp with no drama, 182 one is a ballache to fit for very little gains, there isnt really anything better available for sensible money to upgrade from a 182 one to, as the 182 one is so good, unless you are on a high comp build with massive cams and longer rods and generally a 20K engine, I wouldnt bother with anything beyond the standard 182 one.

ok no problems, so you would say there is not really any reasion to fit the 182 manifold just a decent exhaust and good remap?

clio 182 sport

what mods did he have on his to get it to this?!? and is there any link so we can see what it has had done ect ...