ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats my dealer up to!!

Alrite chaps!!

Was supposed to pick up my new clio 182 black gold this lunchtime!! Phoned up the garage to check before driving through and they said they hadnt recieved the car!! Everything had been ok up to yesterday but they think its still at the import centre or sumthing as there as been bad batch of window wipers!! So phoned back id there still unable to give me any answers where the car is and when can i pick it up!! Do you think this is a bit suspect, one whole day and they cant find the car?? Hmm

Any comments would be appreciated??

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

im not being funny, but they should have had the car at the dealership already if they had organised with you to pick it up. Usually cars are with the dealers a few days before they can leave!!?

someone probably stacked it at the dealer. Cause i know my dealer had my car in a few days before i was allowed to pick it up, as they need to sort tax etc, clean it, and make sure its all held together well enough that it wont rattle for at least 1000 miles.

I would go in and kick up a fuss. I bet some numpty smacked it getting it off the lorry or something and now they are trying to fob you off until they can find another one in the country which is the spec you ordered.

Quote: Originally posted by Gaz2130 on 31 March 2005

im not being funny, but they should have had the car at the dealership already if they had organised with you to pick it up. Usually cars are with the dealers a few days before they can leave!!?
I agree.

If everything was fine until you phoned then id say something has happened to it (i.e some monkey will have dented it parking it etc) and theyre trying to cover their arses. Probably nowt you can do though...

I had a similar prob when I picked mine up, bought it on Easter Saturday 2003, was told it would be ready to collect in 4 weeks, 4 weeks came so I called them, they told me they would get back to me, no return call so I phoned again a few days later, again no reply. I phone again (5 weeks now) and still didnt get much sense out of them (I did actually get to speak to someone who knew something this time), couldnt get a numberplate out of them to sort out insurance either.

After a further period of nothingness I called them again, spoke to the salesman who dealt with me and would you believe it the car is sat there waiting for me! Got the plate, sorted out insurance that day and picked the car up two days later.

I spoke to quite a few people on various forums etc during that period and a suprising amount mentioned that it probably got damaged on its way over or something. Thankfully the car was in perfect condition (and has never rattled!) A small sticker left under the seat had a build date on it, this was about a two weeks after I bought it so it took one hell of a long time getting to the UK.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650

My car was late cus it dissapeared to manchester, was meant to be in sollihul birmingham, Think they have the maps upside down.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

100% there was either something wrong with it as it came off the transporter or theyve dinged it while PDIing it.