ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's so good about the iPhone?

Leon Cupra 300
I'm not knocking these in the slightest... I'm getting the 4G when it becomes available (mainly because they are the thing to have) but i don't really understand what's so good about them!? What use i'd get out of it over a regular phone?

So if someone can list some features etc i might not know about that might go some way to justifying the extra cost to the OH.

Cheers.:cool:

Just the whole experience, and ease of use really.

The only downside is that for updating or anything, requires iTunes.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It's a mini laptop in your pcoket TBH, only touch phone i've used that actually works to.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The good thing?

Use one. It's that's simple. It does everything you want it to, a million times easier than anything else.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
Phones aren't phones anymore, if my iPhone stopped making calls I wouldn't be too bothered (as long as SMS still worked lol).

As Rollo said it's like a mini PC in your pocket.

One thing people always say is "I don't need my phone to do all that stuff" but until you've had the extra functionality you're not goin to miss it.

Also it's not the best phone out there hardware wise but it just works, and that's what makes it so good.

Have I sold it to you?

And, yes they can. They're only £450. Benefits stretch to that.

Once you've had an iPhone, you can never go back to be honest. When mine died earlier this year, I felt like I was back in the 80's using a phone that could only call and text.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Hyundai i40
One thing people always say is "I don't need my phone to do all that stuff" but until you've had the extra functionality you're not goin to miss it.

^ this tbh

I had a BB previous to my iphone and i was adement i didnt need all them 'extras' soon as ive got one, i never want to go back. Few of my mates have had iPhones sold them and bought another

still not convinced, then again, iv not had one, i just think its abit much for a phone, yeah its versatile, but are all its functions necessary for simple phone usage, i.e. calls/text and minimal web usage?

I think its more of a fashion thing aswel, I find that apple users tend to want people to know they use apple products as they are trendy. Sort of like when people say ''ignore the crappy iphone pics''

Last edited:
When I first got my iPhone last year, my brother was always like "you pay all that money for that piece of crap, and my phone is just as good" and this went on for a few months. One day a group of us were having food, and wanted to know cinema times, and he tried for ten minutes or so on his nokia to get them, and gave up. I threw my iPhone at him, told him to click on the 'showtimes' app, and they just popped up in front of him. He played on it for a couple of minutes, and you could tell he didn't want to admit how easy it was to use.

Couple of days later, in the pub, I saw he had just got himself one lolz. He loves it now.

182 RB FF
You know your hooked when the internet goes down on it (happens very very rarely) and you feel lost without it!

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Sort of like when people say ''ignore the crappy iphone pics''

No, thats because the iPhone's camera is generally crap for this generation of phones.

Awesome bit of kit though itself, so simple and easy to use.

No, thats because the iPhone's camera is generally crap for this generation of phones.

Awesome bit of kit though itself, so simple and easy to use.
I dont see why one feels the need to say such. For those who dont have iphones, they dont say ''sorry for the crappy nokiaE71/blackberry curve 8250 etc pics''. Whenever you take pictures anyway, unless its a proper photoshoot, one doesnt really say what sort of camera they use, as said, its a subtle way of letting people know the gadgets you use are top end.

AK

M240i
that is me today brad :(

Lol I got a text from voda yesterday saying I was over my net usage (1 gig) and that my next 500mb would be £5...

I turned all the 3g/edge etc off and lasted maybe 10minutes before feeling lost without it lol and turned it all back on again :)

E87 118d M Sport
The camera is fine for what it is intended. Allowing pics to be taken and uploaded online in seconds.

If you want a super camera, but a camera

Lol I got a text from voda yesterday saying I was over my net usage (1 gig) and that my next 500mb would be £5...

I turned all the 3g/edge etc off and lasted maybe 10minutes before feeling lost without it lol and turned it all back on again :)

When I went to France in April, I switched off data roaming, and it was so annoying not being able to use the phone properly. Luckily, Paris has free wifi so I could use it.

Leon Cupra 300
So has it got proper internet? do you use it through wifi or the data or whatever on your contract?

Hyundai i40
So has it got proper internet? do you use it through wifi or the data or whatever on your contract?

proper internet, uses safari, so you see the page as you see it now

can use it via data or wifi

lol, I had it a couple of weeks ago. I was out and really needed to see if Argos had something in stock, I felt lost.

i think there just too many ppl using it over here with it being TT week, internet is well slow and s**t today

E87 118d M Sport
Ive used beta 4 of OS4.0. The 3GS with 3.whateverwereonnow feels VERY sluggish now.
And thats not even on the new processor. Its guna be SILLY FAST

E87 118d M Sport
On more serious terms, you cant go wrong with one mate. They do everything you will ever want. Easiest UI of any mobile device. You will NEVER get another phone again.
Mates who cant afford one will call you a fanboy/sheep (as they are jealous) those who have them will show the things it can do that you might not know about.
There are videos of the 3GS for how to use it, and no doubt the vid that is released later (after the WWDC) will blow your mind.
The only thing you ever wait for...is for something net based to load (and obviously if your on wifi, its instant).

Get one. If your disappointed I'll paypal you £10

Clio 182 cup'd
For me it is the touch screen. I'm yet to use a screen that works so well. Add that to an OS built for a touchscreen (unlike Nokia/symbian efforts) and its a great package.

I had a fad on facebook and msn, but that novelty has worn off now, I mainly use it for browsing, email and as a phone obviously.

I disagree with people "who cant afford one will call you a fanboy/sheep". People make their own choices.

E87 118d M Sport
Most of the peoples objections I know to them wouldnt want to pay for one.

With most things in life, you get what you pay for

I had a 3g when they first were released. My upgrade was a Blackberry Bold 9700. It is so much better then an iPhone as a PHONE. The battery lasts 4 days with very heavy use, the push notifications are so much better and it is so much more customisable and intergrated.

That being said though, a couple of weeks ago I have gone back to my iPhone because of the ease of use, the cheap apps and everything else that the iPhone is good for. I am now planning on buying a iPhone 4 sim free

ITB'd MK1
the iPhone really did well by not having any competition that was worth looking at for a long time. For me they do everything well except being a phone, which from my experience they're crap at, and i couldn't live with that. Still not many worthwhile competitors out there so apple will continue to clean up, but android phones are very much worth looking at. HTC desire does everything, and is a good phone too, so was a no brainer for me. If the 4g (or whatever it's called) is good at the basics and not just the clever stuff, then it should be awesome in fairness

DB.

BMW 440i
I was always against fancy phones, since having my iPhone, I love them.

Broke mine last week, been lost during this week. Phoned insurance today, new one tomorrow though! :)

Astra Twintop
I wont be getting one, everyone around me seems to have them and fair play to them.

Just not keen on them at all.

People seem to go mad over apple stuff lol

Astra Twintop
Cuz its the best stuff available.

Task dependant I'd doubt Apple products cover EVERYTHING.

Im not starting a flame war, i personally don't like Apple products. Yes, i have a ipod, but its a cheap one and its for my car stereo.

I cant ever see myself owning a Iphone/pad/touch/ibook/ what ever the latest piece of tech they bring out.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Oh don't get one if you want your own ringtones/ text tones.

Unles u don't find fecking about in itunes.

Swift Sport
I'm a proper technology hater, I hate gadgets and fancy gimmicks. I have an iPhone now and even I admit that they're brilliant, so clever and useful.