ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the best induction kit for the 197?

Clio 197
Seen a video of a k&n apollo and it sounded very nice so tempted by that but have read that it makes the car lose power?

I want some noise so i'd rather an induction kit than just a panel filter but whats better?

Clio RS 200
I'm also after induction kit,
Apollo meant to be best for gains but with little noise, I'm more for nice sound, pipercross seems to popular and meant to sound pretty good?

Clio r27 #214
New k-tec setup is good. More noise and more power.

​Ktec/pipercross/k&n panel filters all increase noise. As said before, take the cover off the airbox if you just want more noise.

Clio 197
I'm also after induction kit,
Apollo meant to be best for gains but with little noise, I'm more for nice sound, pipercross seems to popular and meant to sound pretty good?

Oh I have seen alot of people say the apollo is not good for power gains :/ Will have a look at pipercross ones later.

Clio 197
New k-tec setup is good. More noise and more power.

​Ktec/pipercross/k&n panel filters all increase noise. As said before, take the cover off the airbox if you just want more noise.

Oh never heard of taking the cover off the air box before. Is it easy to do?

Clio RS200
I fitted an ITG panel filter yesterday. Not much in the way of noise (I've got a decat and no silencer so couldn't hear it anyway) but pick up is noticeable. It feels a lot more lively

New Ktec kit seems to be popular over on 197.net. The Clio v6 air box and ITG Maxongen are also decent kits but require a smaller battery or a battery moved to the boot.

Clio RS 200
Where's best place to order ktec as I was on there website before and there's no induction kits on there...... Will be ordering the spoiler from there within next 2 weeks :)

Clio RS 200
When you guys are on about new ktec? Do u mean a induction kit or just the filter
Seems that not many fit the induction kits on clios and prefer to just go with panel filter???

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Took it off and it has made a big difference! Sounds proper growly now. Thanks! Is it safe to keep the cover off though or could it cause problems?

Pretty sure they did a dyno with this & it causes a pretty noticable power loss.

Plus I wouldn't trust the air filter to stay in one place.

Suzuki Jimny
Pretty sure they did a dyno with this & it causes a pretty noticable power loss.

Plus I wouldn't trust the air filter to stay in one place.

This! The lid helps to hold the filter in place so it has a good seal. Take the lid off and you'll see what I mean.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Itg filter.

I doubt anyone is 17 so an ik isn't the way forward on these cars.

​theyre more likely to sap power than give any gains... Unless you whack a bucket in there for good measure.

Clio 197
Ok I think I'm gonna go for an ITG panel filter off ktec. Cheers boys. Gonna keep the airbox cover off till then though the sound is to addiciting.

Clio 197
This! The lid helps to hold the filter in place so it has a good seal. Take the lid off and you'll see what I mean.

Yeh I know what u mean, there's little wedges on the cover that keep it in place. However without it on its still pretty stuck in place an I might put a bit of tape on it for extra hold.

Clio 197
I put my 197 on the rollers in January this year, I took the lid off & done back to back runs to see if it lost power & it did, 1 BHP. Thats with a K&N panel filter fitted.

Oh 1 Bhp is peanuts. Cheers mate. Definatley doesn't feel like its lost any power whatsoever. If anything seems quicker because of the sound lol.

Sounds beast > 1bhp loss

172 Cup
I put my 197 on the rollers in January this year, I took the lid off & done back to back runs to see if it lost power & it did, 1 BHP. Thats with a K&N panel filter fitted.
erm, how many repeats did you do and how did you account for the increased engine temp on the second run? Bearing in mind you can sit stationary blipping a car up to 3500 for at least half hour before the oil temp stabilises.
Nevermind that though, I assume this 1 BHP was measured by a dyno? Where's the torque curves?

I personally think any kind of IK, if it makes no difference in power, is just chavvy.. and I have one :rasp:
I'd offer to sell you mine actually but I'm kinda planning on doing some comparison work with a standard airbox when I get one.

Clio 197
Put the air box cover back on now. Definitely sounded nicer and didn't seem to have lost any power but it did seem to be drinking more fuel.

Gonna order a ITG panel filter soon.

Clio RS 200
Got my itg filter on....... No noticeable gains, little induction sound when put foot down
To be honest don't think it's worth the buy IMO?