ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the best thing for cleaning and polishing alloys!!

Mini Cooper
Ive just had my Mini Cooper alloys re-sprayed in white, as the original paint job was quite poor!!The paint job now looks a lot better, but the paint feels quite rough!! I know new paint usually needs to be buffed down, etc but never heard of anyone doing it on alloys!!So I need recommendations on:Alloy wheels cleaner?Alloy wheel buffer to smoothen the new paint?Alloy Wheel polish?Good wax/sealant for extra shine and protection??Also links to the above items would be appreciated!!Thanks

RB 182
Can't go far wrong with AG SRP for polish and AG EGP for sealant, you should only really need shampoo to clean them afterwards.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i would clay them and clean them with SRP and seal with Chem guys wheel sealant, it really keeps them looking nice and prevents brake dust build up, so cleaning is easier

106 GTi
If they are freshly painted you will probably be able to skip the clay.

AG SRP and EGP topped with Poorboys Wheel Sealant or Swissvax Autobahn Wheel Sealant.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
sorry when bobbly i didnt think of the paint i had pictures of tar and dust etc lol

106 GTi
Rim Wax works ok as a one stepper but no good for building up the coats or using over anything as it cleans and seals.

RB 182
Knowing what things are like there will be another one out before you come to making a choose. Was sorting through the garage today and I've got so many bottles that aren't even started.

I think I might try some of the Swissvax Autobahn Wheel Sealant next as it looks good and the other products from them have had good reviews too.

Mini Cooper
will i need to clay to wheels to get rid of the unsmooth texture, or will the polish and wax sort that!??

ps rich, you have pm

will i need to clay to wheels to get rid of the unsmooth texture, or will the polish and wax sort that!??

ps rich, you have pm

i remember some1 spending 2 hours on their wheels , wash,clay,polish and waxing .
so i would say yes to the clay .

Fiat Coupe 20vt
The Rim wax and Wheel Guards are best as Rich says one stoppers. They are cleaner/polish/protectors so do a bit of everything.

For pure protection I use Klasse AIO/Carlack topped with Poorboys or if I'm feeling fruity Swissvax.

Mini Cooper
Ive never thought about it but does AG SRP mean Autoglym Super Resin Polish!?? God Ive read about this so many times thinking why have I never heard of it!! lolSo how does this sound:Wash with Warm Soapy WaterDryClayPolish with AG SRP then EGP (Anyone got any links to where I can buy this!??)Seal with Poorboys Wheel SealantWhat kind of applicators should I use for putting on these things and taking off, and should I be leaving the polish, sealant on for a bit before buffing off!??Any recommendations on tyre dressing!??

Mito Sportiva 135
SRP = Super Resin Polish.

I use SRP, CG Wheel Guard (MUCH better than the old Rim Wax) and then can top of with Collinite's 476s...

As long as you get some protection on them will make them much easier to clean in the future.