ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's the difference between a 172 and a 182?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Renault Clio (obv lol) 1.4 16v reg EF03 KUD, and was wondering what the difference is between 172/182 or how I would find out? It's an "Expression" if that makes a difference lol

RB clio 182
different wheels, different manifold, headlight inserts, steering wheel , colours, exhausts, dunno what else lol

banther

ClioSport Club Member
If its a 1.4 its definitely not a 1*2 of any description.

You may have noticed when you put your foot down that you had nowhere near 172 or 182 horsepower (or thereabouts)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Not sure about yours but mines a 1.6 with a 2.0 engine. With a 1.6 engine cover.

Haha! This brings back memories. ;)

Joking apart, look at the guide above.
Yours won't be neither a 172 or 182. But the differences are in there

BG 182
I'd love to know what Daniel thought was too harsh to post. lol

Btw which 1.4 engine does my 172 have?

dahepe7e.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry. Thought it may have somethin to do with horsepower (correct assumption on mine not being 172 OR 182 lol mine is only around 100 lol) but my final thought was maybe it was a way of distinguishing between the model variations. apologies on bein dumb lol.

Well mine would officially and simply be a ph2 Clio II 1.4 then correct?

And how do you know if it's one of these 1.4 sports? (Cause you know I like to keep you guys entertained lmao)

Status
Not open for further replies.