ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the most £ you’ve spent filling up

Iv got a 1.2 98 clio and managed to get £39.86, admittedly she running on the red line but even so :eek:

Im sure It used to cost bout £24 for a full tank when I started driving bout 2 years ago

Well, I put about 50+ litres into my 50 litre Williams tank once.. on the way to Scotland.. ran out tho, so was proper empty. Was about £40/£45 I think? Heh.. cant remember. Normal Unleaded!

[Edited by Daz on 29 July 2004 at 10:56am]

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Think the most i got in my 172 is £36.50 which I thought was shockingly expensive !

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 29 July 2004

Think the most i got in my 172 is £36.50 which I thought was shockingly expensive !
Sounds like Yozs.. he can only put that much in his!

Quote: Originally posted by Tom16v on 29 July 2004
Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 29 July 2004£90 in a Range Rover.[/QUOTE]Seen my dad put that amount in his loadsa times!

OMG my mums got an X5 and I think the most shes put in is about £65 I dont think she lets it get really low though

£103 in my landrover 101 when it ran out and had to fill it on a motorway service station... 120 litre tank, about 3 months ago during the 85p/litre phase. :(

Mine will only take £36 from empty.
Erm.. you sure?

Your petrol must be mega cheap.. or from empty you mean, low.. but not drained, hehe.

Its a 50l tank..

Nissan Jewk

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 29 July 2004

Erm.. you sure?

Your petrol must be mega cheap.. or from empty you mean, low.. but not drained, hehe.

Its a 50l tank..
thats true... once your driving on fumes thats when you know your low...! :p

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Erm.. you sure?

Its a 50l tank..
Possitive mate!

Ive filled it from the light being on to max twice this month and £36.70 or summit is the max i can get! Even then i can see the fuel when i take the fuel cap off its so high!

Well, I filled mine up from, well, being stopped.. and not being able to start engine.. and it was 50l give or take a bit.. amazing.

Like, two cans (5l) and then (30l) at Petrol Station.. hehe.

Yea it is.. Haynes too!

Remember tho, when your light is on.. 16v pumps 5l into the main tank.. or something. Williams just uses both tanks at once so might be the difference? When ya light is on, you should be able to hear the 2nd fuel pump prime on a 16v.

But yea, its 50l.

172, Tiguan

If petrol is really expensive somwhere, like on an motorway, why do people fill the tank and not just put a tenner in or something?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Yea it is.. Haynes too!

Remember tho, when your light is on.. 16v pumps 5l into the main tank.. or something. Williams just uses both tanks at once so might be the difference? When ya light is on, you should be able to hear the 2nd fuel pump prime on a 16v.

But yea, its 50l.
Ive had the light on a fair few times but havent really listened or noticed it tbh!

Next time i will! Still deffo cant get 50ls in the bugger!

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 29 July 2004
If petrol is really expensive somwhere, like on an motorway, why do people fill the tank and not just put a tenner in or something?

Normally do just that, put £10 then fill up when I get home - but this time I still had another 200 miles to go to get home, all m/way, and its times like that I think "ah, sod it!" ;)

Yea it is.. Haynes too!

But yea, its 50l.
Ive had the light on a fair few times but havent really listened or noticed it tbh!

Next time i will! Still deffo cant get 50ls in the bugger!
Yea, but to get 50l, you have to run it totally empty.. its only 50l and there will always be some in it when you fill up.

£41 which worked out at 47ltrs, almost running on fumes me thinks.

I fill the whole car up no matter where I fill it up, motorway etc, its a pain in the arse having to stop twice otherwise!

think the most i ever put into any vehicle, was £65 in me audi, but cos of the uprated fuel pump, it drank that in no time at all, was a wee bit expenssive to say the least

£39.50 last night, BP Ultimate.

Thats alot isnt it? The "miles to go before fillup" thingy said ---.--, so I assume I was running on fumes!

Daves Porsche 944 Turbo takes over £50 to fill up and will only do about 300-350 miles per tank. I am using it today and will be trying to squeeze the last drop out of it. ;)

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

About £42 in the 1.4 16v.

Managed £54 (of optimax) in my 1.4 8v 306.

Was watching a guy fill his V12 Jag up the other day... £109

(Its the one with two petrol tanks!)

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by Clarel on 30 July 2004

£39.50 last night, BP Ultimate.

Thats alot isnt it? The "miles to go before fillup" thingy said ---.--, so I assume I was running on fumes!

Daves Porsche 944 Turbo takes over £50 to fill up and will only do about 300-350 miles per tank. I am using it today and will be trying to squeeze the last drop out of it. ;)
My thingy says "--,--" when it gets to 40miles left.

Clio RS200
haha nice find :)

Guessing petrol was sub 80p per litre in 2004, bet they never thought it would hit £1.50 over the next 8 years!