ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's the purpose of this mod?

Just saw this photo on a thread:

IMG_6464.jpg

What's the purpose of the hole/vent in the bottom grill? (the one between the fog lights)

Ive seen it on a few cars here but have never worked out what the EXACT purpse of it is. I assume its just an induction vent.

What's involved in fitting it?

Im only asking because Ive learned from my insurance company that as im under 25 I cant make any upgrades to my car, so Im looking for smaller alternatives! Yes im that bored!

Hope you dont mind my using your pic Mullen, the car looks mint!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Useless mod tbh! Just makes a mess of the grill.

You can route a feed to the back of the grill and it services the same purpose. First you need to remove the acoustic valve tho.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
CAF Trumpet - you can see the CAF in this Pic

SNV31067.gif

and you can just about see where it runs to at the bottom of this Pic (As Ali said remove Std Air Feeds and Acoustic valve 1st)

SNV30743.gif

Golf GTI PP Mk7
Useless mod tbh! Just makes a mess of the grill.

You can route a feed to the back of the grill and it services the same purpose. First you need to remove the acoustic valve tho.

yeah, visible air induction vents ruin a car imo :rasp:

Golf TDI
some guy although he isnt a member on here has one in his actual bumper . cut a whole in it .

So does it have any effect at all apart from changing the look of the car slightly?! :rasp:

Where does the intake hose end on a standard car, I dont think Ive ever looked tbh!

Well obviously! I mean I had a quick look at the filter the other day, and I saw the hose run off to the right (as you look at the engine), but I didnt see where it ended.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
i remember reading some test somewhere or something,

apparently u have to be doing about 170-180mph before ram air really makes any difference, lol.

Titanium 182 & 306 Diesel
no probs and cheers lol i got mine with the CAF already in place, was silver though but sprayed it black a few months back

So the standard hose ends behind the headlight? That doesnt seem a very efficient way of getting air into the engine.
I take it the effects if CAFs are minimal if anything?

I dont think I could get away with fitting one of those, as my insurance restricts and performance mods :(

I may get a new panel filter, but Ive read mixed things about them too!

Black Gold Trophy
Im only asking because Ive learned from my insurance company that as im under 25 I cant make any upgrades to my car, so Im looking for smaller alternatives! Yes im that bored!

Hope you dont mind my using your pic Mullen, the car looks mint!

I'd find a new insurance company tbh!

Evo 8 MR
Isn't there a risk of sucking up shrapnel and general road grime into your engine with this mod?

Isn't there a risk of sucking up shrapnel and general road grime into your engine with this mod?

There was a meet in the last couple of weeks (black mountain run maybe?) where a chap went through a good sized bit of standing water and his grill mounted CAF took the water straight up into the engine, that says enough in my opinion!

"Navy" N17 TWO
I drove through a few big puddles with mine a while-back, no problems but I did get out afterwards to check for leaves & small drowned animals lol