ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats this cable?

RB Clio 182
Hi, when removing my acoustic valve i found this cable hanging there doing nothing, does anyone know whats its for or what it was for?

It doesnt have a connection or anything on the end and i cant see any wires in it so im not sure if somethings been snapped off the end?..

CAM00319.jpg

CAM00315.jpg

This is it leading down from the engine bay...

CAM00320.jpg

I think it leads to the fuse box??

CAM00318.jpg

Anyone know what its for?

Also when i removed my acoustic valve, i found a 1 way valve plugged in the pipe that goes to the acoustic valve, does it look like a previous owner has been messing before me??

CAM00313.jpg

CAM00313.jpg

Thanks for any help :)

Tom.

RB Clio 182
it's just a breather for your battery n the 1 way valve has no purpose now you've removed your acoustic valve

Thanks mate, I know the 1 way valve has no purpose but does it look like a previous owner put it there?

Ive removed it anyway and put a bolt in the end.

I was just worried about that cable, i thought it might have been something important, where was it origionally clipped to mate? Is it deffinately a breather for my battery?

I get worried when i see cables with no wires or connections on the end lol.

Thanks.

Last edited:
  BG 182
yea gd got a bolt on mine n not sure where it normally goes but you could easily just cable tie it up somewhere out the way n yea it's deffo for the battery breather lol

RB Clio 182
yea gd got a bolt on mine n not sure where it normally goes but you could easily just cable tie it up somewhere out the way n yea it's deffo for the battery breather lol

Ive just cable tied it away with my acoustic pipe and connector, im glad its nothing important anyway, thanks for the help mate ;)