ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats this hole for?

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Image pinched from "Wocka"'s post, hope you dont mind.
eda20ba2.jpg

The hole underneath a 172 inlet manifold? .. Going to be cutting one up shortly to use the plenum for a R5 GTT Fuel injection conversion, but didnt know this hole was here, whats it for as i will have to weld a plate over it?

Cheers.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
think its for idle control mate. on my k4m the air comes in, up to the trottle body and ICV, through the ICV, then a pipe into the top of the rocker cover, then out of the rocker cover through your hole into the inlet pipes.

K4M seems to have the same sort of setup as the F4R, so i should imagine it serves the same purpose :)

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Brill, Thanks mate.

Will just cut the bracket off the back, straight through the hole, then make 2 plate bits to weld over the hole to keep it square.

Thanks dude.

Clio
its the oil breather....
oil breather setup from my k4m ... after some cleanup and headwork i did
DSC00646.png

DSC00657.png

Last edited:
  ITB'd MK1
mk3 clio/twingo K4M is quite different to the earlier engine.

The hole in the F4R plenum is primarily for the vacuum take-off that goes to the carbon canister. There's also a pin hole sized oil breather.