ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's your favourite car related YouTube channel?

Clio 197
Can't stand that Jamie_FYD
he can't drive for s**t. Gets a bit of boost in second gear and then just drops it into 5th
Plus the stupid laugh and everything is the fastest thing he has ever been in.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Who's that f**king melt who keeps appearing in some of the vloggers videos.
Just watched a bit of seen through about the velar and i can't f**king stand him. Think his names tony.
I literally have no idea who he is or what the f**k he is doing?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Who's that f**king melt who keeps appearing in some of the vloggers videos.
Just watched a bit of seen through about the velar and i can't f**king stand him. Think his names tony.
I literally have no idea who he is or what the f**k he is doing?

Tony Gravelwood, owns that garage I showed you the other day. He is a bit of a dribbler

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Oh him. Can't stand him. What does he offer them?
Started off helping Sam buy his mclaren then selling it for him, supposed to be knowledgable with cars so the audience liked the episode he did so now he guests every now and again from what I can work out

Clio Trophy
I think when you've got enough money to be buying cars like Ferraris and new hot hatches like there's no tomorrow, it's best to have some professional advice.
I think Sam pays him to get a better deal on the cars and check them over for him.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I've just started watching TheCorvetteBen. I've got a thing for 70's vetts so it's nice to see some getting restored and back on the road by a guy in his garage. These aren't $100k restos, just fixed and running and good to use daily. He seems quite normal for a yank too!

Clio Trophy
I've just started watching TheCorvetteBen. I've got a thing for 70's vetts so it's nice to see some getting restored and back on the road by a guy in his garage. These aren't $100k restos, just fixed and running and good to use daily. He seems quite normal for a yank too!

Brilliant! Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like I've got loads to catch up on. I love those things too - I used to work at an engineering company, and the guy in the unit next door was restoring a C3 Corvette, one of 4 manual ones in the UK apparently. I used to help him out when I could. :blush:

I watched a few LegitStreetCars vids over the weekend, I saw last month about his E55, so I caught up on that as he's modding it. I saw some on a 402,000 miles E55 he dyno'd. I also watched some on his $200 C43 AMG, which is hilarious!

I also watched Hoovies garage, some nutter who buys the cheapest of everything he can find as long as it's straight, and does reports on his progress with them.

Plus I watched some dude who'd bought a completely shagged MR2 turbo for $1000, nothing on it worked & one of the wheels was cracked & it was on something like linglong tyres etc, plus one of the (many) previous owners had installed some 'cooling fans' on the deck lid, the wrong way up lol!!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I watched a few LegitStreetCars vids over the weekend, I saw last month about his E55, so I caught up on that as he's modding it. I saw some on a 402,000 miles E55 he dyno'd. I also watched some on his $200 C43 AMG, which is hilarious!

I also watched Hoovies garage, some nutter who buys the cheapest of everything he can find as long as it's straight, and does reports on his progress with them.

Plus I watched some dude who'd bought a completely shagged MR2 turbo for $1000, nothing on it worked & one of the wheels was cracked & it was on something like linglong tyres etc, plus one of the (many) previous owners had installed some 'cooling fans' on the deck lid, the wrong way up lol!!

That last one came up in my suggestions last night, tavarish I think he's called, was pretty decent, subscribed so I can find the rest easily.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Tavarish is good, he’s putting a manual box in an SL55 AMG. Looking forward to seeing how that comes out?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
My list is clearly very short when compared to most, mainly as imho 99.9% of the youtube car guys know next to f*ck all about what they are reviewing, which irritates me. So with that in mind:

Drivetribe - not all vids, but some stuff is good, mostly Catchpole & Bovingdon as i liked their Evo productions
Maody66 - he just drives quickly around the 'ring in a TTRS
/Drive - occasionally good, although saved from when Chris Harris was there really
Monky London - he's quite amusing, does skids, but of a geeza
DannyDC2 - great cars & content, something very calming about his dodgy northern accent also. Ay up etc
Evo - mostly for the older content, Steve Sutcliffe is an utter plank so i dont watch the newer stuff
Petrolicious - awesome cars, owners that have good knowledge
Top Gear/Chris Harris on Cars - usually good cars, well driven, with interesting opinions. He was 100% wrong about the M135i though lol.
Mod Mini - for when the R53 breaks, which is quite often. His video was my guide for swapping the cylinder head.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe he didn't like people calling his name out in public :smile: Seriously, every time I hear him come up all I can think is schmeee schmaaaa sheme.

Another channel I've just found is peterwindsor, proper nerdy F1 technical chats.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Could be worse, could be Archie Hamilton.
He's the sort of guy that appears to be an absolute f**king idiot but he's actually quite a clever little c**t.
I'd happily knock him the f**k out but I have to give it to him, he is doing well all things considered.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
He's the sort of guy that appears to be an absolute f**king idiot but he's actually quite a clever little c**t.
I'd happily knock him the f**k out but I have to give it to him, he is doing well all things considered.
Yeah but it's not like he's from a poor back ground, or is Tom (tge chap) all of them seem to come from money.

And what's with shmee who seems to be teaming up with other YT guys, same as Super cars of London, Seen through glass, AH and TGE.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Yeah but it's not like he's from a poor back ground, or is Tom (tge chap) all of them seem to come from money.

And what's with shmee who seems to be teaming up with other YT guys, same as Super cars of London, Seen through glass, AH and TGE.
They 'collaborate' with each other as not all their subscribers follow the same people. So featuring on each others channel will get more views from people they may not usually appeal to.

It's quite sad how Youtube has turned people but they are all capitalising on it.
Whether they admit it or not, they all want to venture away from cars and more into lifestyle vlogs which is where the real money is. Look at Casey or Roman Atwood for example. They upload nearly every day and regularly get over a million views per video. That's roughly £1500 each video.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
They 'collaborate' with each other as not all their subscribers follow the same people. So featuring on each others channel will get more views from people they may not usually appeal to.

It's quite sad how Youtube has turned people but they are all capitalising on it.
Whether they admit it or not, they all want to venture away from cars and more into lifestyle vlogs which is where the real money is. Look at Casey or Roman Atwood for example. They upload nearly every day and regularly get over a million views per video. That's roughly £1500 each video.
Yeah but again you have to have money to have a nice intreasting life. Imagine if I vlog about my day to day life, it would be as dull as fook.

But if I was rich and went to amazing places for my hols 6 times a year and bought a new super car every 6 months etc then I could vlog about it.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Yeah but again you have to have money to have a nice intreasting life. Imagine if I vlog about my day to day life, it would be as dull as fook.

But if I was rich and went to amazing places for my hols 6 times a year and bought a new super car every 6 months etc then I could vlog about it.
Definitely. You can't be successful at it if you have a 9-5 job. I wouldn't even be able to do it as I don't really go on trips or do anything worthwhile.

That's the bit that stops 99% of the people who want to do it. How can you do daily vlogs if you spend the majority of the day working in a factory etc?

Paul lived at his mums house and did a bit of SEO work to earn pocket money.
Tom just comes from a wealthy background and also has LDM which provides an income.
Sam just has a very wealthy family.
Tim same as Sam.
Archie same as the above and also does have a bit of 'racing' background but only got to where he is because of knowing the above people.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Definitely. You can't be successful at it if you have a 9-5 job. I wouldn't even be able to do it as I don't really go on trips or do anything worthwhile.

That's the bit that stops 99% of the people who want to do it. How can you do daily vlogs if you spend the majority of the day working in a factory etc?

Paul lived at his mums house and did a bit of SEO work to earn pocket money.
Tom just comes from a wealthy background and also has LDM which provides an income.
Sam just has a very wealthy family.
Tim same as Sam.
Archie same as the above and also does have a bit of 'racing' background but only got to where he is because of knowing the above people.
Same here mate, I do fook all and I'm not rich.
I thought Tom works in the City and works for someone as I've heard him say "my boss" is he in law or something? I've heard him talk and say that he's not in finance.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Same here mate, I do fook all and I'm not rich.
I thought Tom works in the City and works for someone as I've heard him say "my boss" is he in law or something? I've heard him talk and say that he's not in finance.
Tom co owns a company called LDM London It think with his brother. I have no idea if he does work for another company but either way I don't really care lol.
I don't really watch any of them as them driving supercars around isn't anything interesting to me.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Sam is the only one who I think actually really enjoys what they’re doing

I will never earn money doing videos on YouTube but the fact I’m enjoying doing it makes me want to do it more. Too much nowadays seems to be a load of random s**t content with no really point which is a shame