ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's your favourite car related YouTube channel?

Ohhh to live somewhere that had cheap property:

"2500 a month for the old place"

"2 million for the compound"

12366249.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
yeah he's my regular Sunday night viewing.

Would love to be able to have a full restoration done like he's done on a number of his cars.

It's refreshing how open he is to what it all costs. He also manages to do it without ramming his wealth down your throat.
Harry is easily my favourite on YouTube. He’s like the Attenborough of cars.

The video of when he took the XJC out for a drive after the bushes and suspension refresh and resto stuff is brilliant!

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
yeah he's my regular Sunday night viewing.

Would love to be able to have a full restoration done like he's done on a number of his cars.

It's refreshing how open he is to what it all costs. He also manages to do it without ramming his wealth down your throat.
Yea exactly, you know he's minted, but it suits him. He doesn't name drop either - there's an episode where he mentions his farmer mate and in the background of one of Clarksons vids you can see Harry walk by.

Last edited:
He mentioned that the new place costs about the same each month as the old one as he rents some of the facilities/houses out. 30acres, I would sell a kidney for 3.
Its just better to do business over there, he'd have much less chance doing what he does here. ONE of his units is 25000 sqft

hhgffhghfg.png

Dont get me started on their personal income tax brackets :mad:

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Harry is easily my favourite on YouTube. He’s like the Attenborough of cars.

The video of when he took the XJC out for a drive after the bushes and suspension refresh and resto stuff is brilliant!
His hot rod jag 😂

bet it’s going to look lovely when it’s finished

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I really enjoyed this. Would love to know more about the man, I feel he undersold himself a little when he said he got lucky in business once.
Proper petrolhead though!!
yeah to jump from a 1.8 sierra to a 456....... I jumped from a 2.0 sierra to a 5GTT :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure at one point he said he was a motoring journalist. I'd love space for 11 cars to be able to keep some forever and constantly keep swapping the others.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
yeah to jump from a 1.8 sierra to a 456....... I jumped from a 2.0 sierra to a 5GTT :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure at one point he said he was a motoring journalist. I'd love space for 11 cars to be able to keep some forever and constantly keep swapping the others.
That was the man cave of dreams for sure.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Loved that episode, what a collection. Refreshing to hear that he'd keep the Stratos rep out of them all if he had to select one, purely because it's the best driving experience.

It does beg the question of what everyone's dream garage would consist of (maybe that's another thread idea?).

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Recently discovered these two lads, really good viewing! Only a small channel, but I’d hope to see it grow - cinematography is up there with the best I’ve seen and they can pedal too.

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
This lad seems to be alright [emoji1] does crack awful jokes sometimes.. but Clio pretty rad [emoji849] supposedly building the fastest one..
Time Attack Oulton Park round 4. Where are the track limits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this video pop up and was about to just ignore it, as I cannot stand shmee150. However, gave it a watch as I’m a big fan of Jonny Smiths work.

I ended up really liking Tim - what a nice chap.
Schmee is still a bit of a fanny though.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I saw this video pop up and was about to just ignore it, as I cannot stand shmee150. However, gave it a watch as I’m a big fan of Jonny Smiths work.

Funnily enough watching his ssshhmoooseum YouTube channel is so different to his regular channel. None of the up close spitting and “hi guys” stuff. Plus his Mrs is pretty hot.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS

One of the guys I speak to in the evo scene does some restoration work for him and talks to him quite frequently. Apparently he’s a really nice guy. Just a total nerd.

Total. Nerd.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've never watched his YT channel so he was just some posh bloke with a load of nice cars to me, I do remember the 5th Gear piece Johnny did on him jumping in and out of cars during supercar season, I liked his whole split personality approach to his work, one's a friendly bloke with cool stuff, the others and annoying little pr*ck. (apparently)

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several

Just got round to watching these. He came across pretty well. Much better than his usual stuff, though that wouldn't be difficult.

Would be interesting to hear more about all the algorithm business.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Something must be wrong for them to be releasing two episodes this close together.
They've made a massive long one of lobbing it together, and split it in two.

It's when we find out they've actually made 2 identical cars (1 each) all along.

We're live!

How have I never seen Project Binky before? I'm a long term Mini fan having owned four of them, two being 1275GTs and then having this come up on my feed
recently

Which made me think I need a Mini in my life again and now seeing the Binky thing above and also loving the Police Squad references haha

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Its mad because I started watching project binky videos just after I passed my test in 2014🤣🤣

I told my mrs they'd been building this car for 7 years and even she was shocked

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
I told my misses how much I was looking forward to them elevating episode 35. All I could talk about all last week.

Then this week got the email they were releasing another. She was shocked. [emoji23]

They are showing the car at a historic rally event in Shropshire this weekend. So it’s got to be near complete. If not all done. And the editing just puts the YouTube content behind where the progress really is.

Unless they intend on driving the mini sitting on a tool box with no windows in (which I’ve done many a time)

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Its mad because I started watching project binky videos just after I passed my test in 2014[emoji1787][emoji1787]

I told my mrs they'd been building this car for 7 years and even she was shocked

I started watching in 2013 when a mate put it up on a mini forum.

That mini forum gets as many visits as a Woolworths shop now. This must be one of the few car forums still running since binky was started. [emoji23]

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
It really put it into perspective though because in that time I've moved out, been to uni, moved in with my mrs, graduated, got a proper career going, bought my first house, been through 10's of cars and they started it for the first time recently 😂

I thought it had only been a few years of watching but some of my mates from school have got kids older than binky and they're starting to learn words like s**t, bugger and f**k 😂

Well I caught up by binge watching Project Binky and enjoyed it all, now I've seen this (from 57.35) and found they've ruined it...

A MK1 grill on a MK3 what were they thinking????

• Angry
Reactions: Ben