ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's your favourite car related YouTube channel?

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
This guy's got some cool sh*t.

That was excellent, loved the Maestro and the little Honda (can't remember the model).
The car cave episodes are definitely my favourite series of TLBS, I always jump at them when they come out. Mad to see what some people have tucked away out of sight.

I watch the barn find stuff occasionally however I find the 30mins is better spent watching a cave full of interesting stuff than trying to pull an old Capri out of a garage and getting it started.

Clio
Just had a read back through this thread to see what were the channels back at the beginning, then decided to pick an example of someone who did well with no real public profile outside of YouTube and is now rocking a good bit of money and some nice cars.

Matt Armstrong wasn't mentioned until 2021. Thats just mental, not sure how many followers he had then but boys done well.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Just had a read back through this thread to see what were the channels back at the beginning, then decided to pick an example of someone who did well with no real public profile outside of YouTube and is now rocking a good bit of money and some nice cars.

Matt Armstrong wasn't mentioned until 2021. Thats just mental, not sure how many followers he had then but boys done well.

It was during the covid lock downs that he started putting content onto YouTube. His channel grew massively from then.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Given his massive success, the amount of followers he now has and the amount of cash he’s probably got coming in, I’m gonna say no.

However, if you asked me based on his wheel choice he’s put on the McLaren, I’d say yes 😂
I was getting myself all excited for the wheels then was like oh, okay.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
It's horrific but I'm guessing he did it for a laugh and then ended up just rolling with it without giving much of a sh*t.

Still enjoy DDC2, however I usually don't bother with the winter barn spanner videos, really enjoy the racing vlogs though.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Given his massive success, the amount of followers he now has and the amount of cash he’s probably got coming in, I’m gonna say no.

However, if you asked me based on his wheel choice he’s put on the McLaren, I’d say yes 😂

I meant mechanically. He's just melted an RS6 by nailing it with shite fuel in. Replaced the engine, then nails it again before he has chance to have it remapped, only for the coolant hoses to pop off and stop him before he has the same outcome. I mean, you just wouldn't do it, would you.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I meant mechanically. He's just melted an RS6 by nailing it with shite fuel in. Replaced the engine, then nails it again before he has chance to have it remapped, only for the coolant hoses to pop off and stop him before he has the same outcome. I mean, you just wouldn't do it, would you.
It all extra content though, it’d be boring if everything worked

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I like MA but I didn’t get that. His first engine fried because it was mapped in England, then he put shite American fuel in. Fair enough. But before he knew it was a popped hose, he was saying the same happened again but the engine he had it in was the replacement RS7 engine which was from an American car iirc. Or maybe he just meant the same happened again, as in, engine very bad

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I like MA but I didn’t get that. His first engine fried because it was mapped in England, then he put shite American fuel in. Fair enough. But before he knew it was a popped hose, he was saying the same happened again but the engine he had it in was the replacement RS7 engine which was from an American car iirc. Or maybe he just meant the same happened again, as in, engine very bad

He only replaced the engine from an American RS7, the map will be on the ECU

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
He only replaced the engine from an American RS7, the map will be on the ECU
Oh yeh

200.gif

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Well held indeed, and some great camera angles capturing the spin and props to his quick reactions.

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like car throttle has self imploded. Edwin’s gone, on the ending on tonight’s video Ethan and Jack say goodbye. Alex mentioned this week that he’s making a big investment and they’ll be twice as busy and Ethan’s been with him on more than one occasion recently….

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like car throttle has self imploded. Edwin’s gone, on the ending on tonight’s video Ethan and Jack say goodbye. Alex mentioned this week that he’s making a big investment and they’ll be twice as busy and Ethan’s been with him on more than one occasion recently….

Not hugely surprised, I watched a couple of their vids recently and it’s just very meh. Ethan, Alex and Jack made a good team but without Alex it’s like losing Clarkson from TG and the other two carrying on.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I liked CT without Alex TBF.
Edwin is/was good on there and I'd watch their videos before autoalex.
I don't rate Rory or Taylor. Hope he pies them off an gets the old band back together.

CT presenters didn't have creative freedom, I don't think. Was owned by a rich Asian dude or sommat?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Car Throttle was originally financed privately, but was then bought out by one of the big automotive media groups (Dennis maybe?). They then sold it again recently I think.

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Watched Mat Watsons video on his drive out in his GT3 RS, thought he came across as a bit of an entitled wanker.

Previously the few I'd seen of him he'd sounded quite down to earth and humble.
It happens to all automotive youtubers sadly. Start off small-time and humble, then they get their big break and you're happy to see them doing well. Then they end up going down the corporate route with tons of sponsored videos and produce shite like "LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BRAND NEW FERRARI" with a load of s**t in the thumbnail.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
It happens to all automotive youtubers sadly. Start off small-time and humble, then they get their big break and you're happy to see them doing well. Then they end up going down the corporate route with tons of sponsored videos and produce shite like "LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BRAND NEW FERRARI" with a load of s**t in the thumbnail.

They become slaves to the algorithm in a lot of cases sadly. A few have recently done videos talking about their businesses and why they do what they do, and buying cars and using clickbait headlines is one of the best ways to get views. It's a shame, but I can see why they do it. That said, I've stopped watching some recently, as it is getting a bit much. I used to quite like Sammit, but he has started to piss me off a bit recently with his clickbait video titles.

Anyway, I'm going to nominate my own channel, as I desperately seek validation from strangers on the internet. I made one about my recent rally outing at Snetterton, and also do others talking about various rally-related nonsense. I'd appreciate some views and subscriptions. I'm doing ok on Instagram, but YouTube is proving hard-going.