ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's your favourite car related YouTube channel?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
My turn to plug my own channel.

im nearly at 1000 subs right now which im pretty amazed at tbh.

would appreciate a sub and have a watch of some of the vids.

comments and criticisms welcome of course. always wiling to learn to try and get better

FML either you lot are trolling me or YouTube is being a prick but I was just up to 996 subs and now I’m back down to 980 which is where I was a few days ago when I plugged to get to 1000 😂

I was never keen on advertising myself as I’m just impressed people watch in the first place but this just makes it not worth it.

I’ll get there eventually

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
FML either you lot are trolling me or YouTube is being a prick but I was just up to 996 subs and now I’m back down to 980 which is where I was a few days ago when I plugged to get to 1000 😂

I was never keen on advertising myself as I’m just impressed people watch in the first place but this just makes it not worth it.

I’ll get there eventually

It's a grind @Jaff.

I now routinely drop subscribers with each video upload and then over the week following gain them back along with some new additions. YT is, along with the viewing public, a funny thing though...unpredictable!

You just have to keep plugging away.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It's a grind @Jaff.

I now routinely drop subscribers with each video upload and then over the week following gain them back along with some new additions. YT is, along with the viewing public, a funny thing though...unpredictable!

You just have to keep plugging away.

It’s so fickle I cba dealing with it lol.

Just keep uploading and hope seems to be the only approved technique 😂

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It’s so fickle I cba dealing with it lol.

Just keep uploading and hope seems to be the only approved technique 😂

Do you keep an eye on your data in the Creator Studio?

You have 40k watch-time minutes over the last 12 months? I'd have thought so because you videos are a good length and will likely retain viewers.

The 1k subs means monetization. Be under no illusions though, until you get MASSIVE, the effort, time, and expense in making videos is never worth it!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Do you keep an eye on your data in the Creator Studio?

You have 40k watch-time minutes over the last 12 months? I'd have thought so because you videos are a good length and will likely retain viewers.

The 1k subs means monetization. Be under no illusions though, until you get MASSIVE, the effort, time, and expense in making videos is never worth it!

I look at it every now and then but don’t particularly understand a lot of it (impressions and stuff) generally use it just to see how many views a video has had, it offers me no additional understanding of why a particular video would do well compared to another one, it doesn’t seem to follow any logic apart from a slow increase over time which is expected if I continue to upload.

For example the manual conversion video has done far better than most - no idea why.
Same goes for the 3 videos I done on the RWD conversion, first 2 maintain the norm, the last one much more popular for reasons i don’t understand.

I think I’m close to both 1000 and 40k watch minutes but I’m certainly not doing it to make money, I’m far from that I’m sure. I just liked the nice round number of 1000 people actually interested in the content I make.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
As someone who is a bit of a hovercraft nerd, as well as a long time follower of Cleet, this latest content pleases me greatly.

Needs a deeper skirt and a bigger lift engine really, you can see the skirt isn't really getting out of the water properly which will be causing a shitload of drag, and because the skirt is so short there's very little in the way of 'suspension'

And yeah one day when I've got a fooking great house with enough room for financial mistakes like that I'd love to build myself a hovercraft.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
If anyone's down Southsea way I'd recommend a visit to the Hovercraft Museum, they have the last remaining SR-N4 cross channel one. To think the hovercraft went from a coffee tin strapped to a hairdryer to one of those massive 80mph beasts in 10 years is astounding.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's mad that in the late 60's you could catch the hovercraft to France and be there in half an hour.

50+ years later and we've progressed to travelling 3 times slower.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Carfection's really good nowadays that Henry just does every video. His T50 vid alone is well worth a watch.

Agreed. I enjoy Henry's stuff. He has his own style, rather than trying to sound like Harris or Clarkson. For reviews, his videos are usually my first choice. The young guy with glasses is kind of irritating and doesn't seem that knowledgeable.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I would imagine if people were just being themselves, not chasing numbers, and not what they think we all want to see... It would make for better videos? I've often thought about having a go at making Renault(sport) related content but the thought of how fickle, judgmental people can be has delayed me having a go. I've done a few 5 minute waffle videos and a few people thought they were ok, but it's actually making that next step.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Agreed. I enjoy Henry's stuff. He has his own style, rather than trying to sound like Harris or Clarkson. For reviews, his videos are usually my first choice. The young guy with glasses is kind of irritating and doesn't seem that knowledgeable.

Yeah, pretty much everyone who was once part of EVO are smashing it. Henry, Harris, Jethro and Harry Metcalfe

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I know a lot hate him but he can't be doing bad. GTR and now this as well.

Screenshot_20200813_143308_com.instagram.android.jpg

Swift Sport
I don't measure success by how many flashy cars someone has, I judge them as a person. How much respect they have (from the right people), where their principles lie and how good they are at what they do.
As said, all the ex EVO staff are excellent and regardless of wealth or followers I'd much rather support those kinds of folk.

Swift Sport
If you haven't checked out Hubnut have a look. He's that geeky it's funny. He has terrible taste in cars and thinks that anything over 50mph is 'hooning'. He's got a unit full of cars with a total value of about £200, all slow, old and rusty.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Anyone been watching Jayemm this week ? Had lots of Renault stuff on from Trophy,V6 Clio Williams which he was very impressed with.
Think he’s been given access to an 80’s 90’s 00 car collection.

Swift Sport
Yeah, I have to be in the right mood to watch him otherwise I find him irritating. I respect his opinion but also take it with a pinch of salt as there are lots of cars I like and he doesn't, and vice versa.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Yeah, I have to be in the right mood to watch him otherwise I find him irritating. I respect his opinion but also take it with a pinch of salt as there are lots of cars I like and he doesn't, and vice versa.
I agree, although I mostly find his voice irritating to the highest degree. A bit like Sam from seen through glass. I’d like you watch more of his videos but just can’t cope with him. 😂

Swift Sport
I agree, although I mostly find his voice irritating to the highest degree. A bit like Sam from seen through glass. I’d like you watch more of his videos but just can’t cope with him. 😂
Yes it's like his voice/accent is completely made up just for YouTube, and he probably sounds nothing like that in real life.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Anyone been watching Jayemm this week ? Had lots of Renault stuff on from Trophy,V6 Clio Williams which he was very impressed with.
Think he’s been given access to an 80’s 90’s 00 car collection.

Gone off him since he slagged the V6 off [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I watched that video For the trophy, first of his I have watched. I find some of these YouTube car reviewers annoying. Not sure why, sure he is a lovely bloke. But I always find they try and replicate elements of Clarkson. Which in my opinion shouldn’t be imitated

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
We all love a bit of drama, right?

TLDR - Guy paid someone to build him a 1000bhp transit, mechanic kept lying about it, guy tracks him down, goes to his work to confront him etc, Police get called, guy says it not over, waiting for next video 😂

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Can’t wait to see a video of someone knocking that fat jumped up c**t the f**k out. I’m amazed it hasn’t happened already the way he carries himself.

imagine spending more than 5 seconds with that Fabia bloke and not realising he’s an utter weapon that shouldn’t be doing your van project.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Can’t wait to see a video of someone knocking that fat jumped up c**t the f**k out. I’m amazed it hasn’t happened already the way he carries himself.

imagine spending more than 5 seconds with that Fabia bloke and not realising he’s an utter weapon that shouldn’t be doing your van project.

Indeed.

I'm not subscribed to him but I did catch the first video of when he was talking about the van a few months ago and that Fabian and his whole set up just seemed dodgy as f**k 😂

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve seen a couple of DMO vids out of morbid curiosity more than anything but he’s acting pure bully boy all the time now.

He bought a crap civic then started a hate campaign against the lad he bought it off, making vids constantly shouting “fcuk stu” & even saying he was doing merch with the line! He really went to town on him and the lad must have felt proper bullied.

Now this latest thing. Yes the guy is a bullshitting idiot but the whole way he’s dealing with it doesn’t sit right with me. Like others have said above just one sentence from this guy would be enough for me! I wouldn’t even have let him fill my tyres with air.

Now DMO is doing a vid with the guy’s long lost son who’s claiming lack of monetary support from him as a Father! Crazy. Wouldn’t be surprised if he topped himself honestly. He looked mentally ill to me.