ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's your favourite car related YouTube channel?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member

Worst driving I’ve ever seen

What an absolute c**t, serious f**king spastic, can't even talk English yet throwing a car about one handed, pulling stupid moves even in slow moving traffic. Complete and utter c**t wagon. If modern cars didn't have highly advanced traction and stability programs he would be dead, he is proud of his driving aswell doesn't see anything wrong! Grrr

4GTS/7.5R/182
Surely mentioned earlier in this thread, savagegeese is arguably the best channel out there right now, so good even the SUV reviews are worth watching.

I didn't care for Youtube until 2 months ago so got lots to catch up on!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is @MarkCup ’s channel. Because it’s the only channel I watch on YouTube.

Mark's is the only channel that I've watched every video of. Really enjoy his vids.

I have started getting into the late brake show though, and slowly working through them

Surely you can't be serious?!

I mean, I watch what I make because, well, clearly awesome :ROFLMAO: , but it's awkward AF really, certainly not worthy of regular viewing I don't think.

It's honestly always puzzled me why I've got any kind of audience (most of it came from the RS engine debarcle), but it's steadily grown nonetheless.

I just make things videos that make me think and learn about cars and driving...although the fact that it now pays for a trackday or two each year is a strong motivator to keep it going!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Surely you can't be serious?!

I mean, I watch what I make because, well, clearly awesome :ROFLMAO: , but it's awkward AF really, certainly not worthy of regular viewing I don't think.

It's honestly always puzzled me why I've got any kind of audience (most of it came from the RS engine debarcle), but it's steadily grown nonetheless.

I just make things videos that make me think and learn about cars and driving...although the fact that it now pays for a trackday or two each year is a strong motivator to keep it going!
For me it's your zero bias and natural presentation in your vids. I have no interest in watching anyone who plays up to the camera, or tells me that honda civics are the best cars in the world and everything else is s**t.

Oh, and I like graphs

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
For me it's your zero bias and natural presentation in your vids. I have no interest in watching anyone who plays up to the camera, or tells me that honda civics are the best cars in the world and everything else is s**t.

Oh, and I like graphs

Natural presentation :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Everything, and I mean everything that I say is scripted beforehand, and everything you see/hear me say is said probably 10 times before I think I've got a good one and move on to the next line.

Clearly my editing skills are top notch if it all comes across as natural 😁

received_179563197229895.jpeg

If I don't do this and instead try and do it on the fly, I spend a couple of hours driving about, get home, get deep into the edit, and realise that the single most important point I wanted to make...I completely forgot to say. I've done that far too many times to mention.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I enjoyed the video on the slow but fun pug you did a while back 👍 think it was your daughters @MarkCup

That's going to feature again soon...because I've come to realise that while the conversation with Lewis was the catalyst, the actual reason I bought the Cayman was the joy I got from driving that slow little thing, which also happened to have the best throttle response of any car I've owned since I got rid of my NA Clio 200 and went boosted in 2013.

It also sounds a bit like the Cayman as well.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Serious though, that script you posted....do you read from that in the car?

Yep. That's why cameras are always angled so as not to show the passenger seat base.

Big font and alternate line highlights means a quick glance across gives me my next line.

All the biro crossing through is from me working through the edit as I finally select which takes I'm going to use.

A lot of effort goes into the videos!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting that you stick to a script so much. I always wing it generally but, like you, usually wish I had said something else 😂

There's also the fact that I drink far too much coffee, so if I ever do go off script, I tend to ramble on for ages and spear off in random directions which makes editing take 10x longer.

Besides, who wants to watch a 17 minute video of me talking about wheel center cap alignment. That was one that got canned very early into the edit 🤣🤣🤣

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Likewise, unless I’m trying to actually be factual. Then I need a script. What’s your YouTube?

I do most of my stuff on Instagram, so don't really get any views on YouTube generally. Saying that, I did a video about the GR Yaris and that got nearly 1,000 views:

My stuff is generally rally chit chat. Planning to do some bits with early cars, but covid keeps getting in the way unfortunately!

There's also the fact that I drink far too much coffee, so if I ever do go off script, I tend to ramble on for ages and spear off in random directions which makes editing take 10x longer.

Besides, who wants to watch a 17 minute video of me talking about wheel center cap alignment. That was one that got canned very early into the edit 🤣🤣🤣

Have you watched any of my stuff? I don't drink coffee and I still ramble like an idiot 🤣

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9, Fiesta
Looks like DMO’s mate drove his Golf R head on into a Fiesta whilst driving uninsured.