ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel arch on my 182 tore off!

182 Clio
Hi guys

Great forum, this is my first post on the boards so hello :)
I purchased a 04 182 a few months back at 48k both cup packs with full service history and only 1 female owner.
Lovely car and hardly a mark on her. I love it and she puts a smile on my face every time I turn the key.
Last week I had a Jan speed exhaust fitted with new mounts and grooved and dimpled sports discs and pads.
I've had the wheels reconditioned to anthracite and 2.0 badges to match looks sweet!.

Any way to my question.
I had the water jet headlight washers repaired with 1 way valves on Friday.
Took the car out for the first time today hit 60 mph and a thud, from the back of the car the front drivers wheel arch comes flying out the back in pieces.
Now I assumed that the garage had taken the wheel arches off to do the valve on the water jet pipes. I went back to the garage and the mechanic said he didn't touch the arches? But I seen him under the front wheel when he was doing them! Anyway they said they have a dci 04 clio and they will take the arch off it tomorrow and put it on mine. I'm sure the 2.0 have different front arches? am I wrong because he assure me its the same...

I have car OCD lol and if its not right it wont sit well in my stomach.
Any info will be appeciated.

Thanks look forward to posting again and adding a few pics of my 182 shortly :)

Cheers Guys.

Clio 182
Welcome!

The arch from the dci wont fit, 182s are wider unfortunately. They will have had the front section of the arch liner at least undone, you need to in order to get into the connection in the hose for the washers (unless they've put the valves somewhere else....)

Also, find a new garage ;)

182 Clio
Thanks Mark I didn't think it would fit. The screws from the arch are still in the front bumper I don't think he put the arch back in and screwed it in place. When I put my foot down the pressure on the arch has pushed it toward the tyre, pulling it in and ripping it clean off! So P##ed about it. Its on for a full service tomorrow and I don't feel comfortable that its going to be done right!
292419_344137222338405_1423161037_n.jpg

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Welcome to the forum and, I've had that happen on both of my clios now. It's no coincidence that they pop out. Second hand ones are like hens teeth!

182 Clio
Yes I bet they are rare as rocking horse s##t Looks like I'll be ordering one from Renault in the morning. It's only the front D/S but probably come as a complete arch?
Just strange it decided to happen the first time I take it out after the headlight washers are repaired. White van man wasn't impressed with his plastic shower either!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
To fit one-way valves, he would have only needed to undo the leading edge of the front arch liner and pull the washer tubes out (they are held in place with a clip). There certainly shouldn't be a need to remove the full liner. I did that on mine over a year ago having got annoyed at the washer bottle keep emptying itself through a weeping washer.

As for the price, just thank your lucky stars that you don't have a Clio V6 arch liner to replace. Those things (and under-trays) are eye-wateringly expensive to buy!

D.

182 Clio
That's the point the arch cant have been screwed back on the bumper. I have ordered the front liner from Renault at £38.50+Vat quite expensive just for the front piece! Fitting quote £48.50 estimated 30 mins work. 30 minutes lmao please! Thanks for the replies btw appreciated!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I have lost 3 arch liners during my 182 ownership. So many screws on my current ones!

FIT IT YOURSELF it could not be an easier job to get your hands dirty for the first time on the car. I rekon I could have that done in 5 minutes like Guido from Cars

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
had one fall onto the wheel on my 172, just melted a hole in it rather than completely falling off.

Another Shropshire person :)

182 Clio
Ok so Just had the Full service done turned the key and the engine management light was on. The mechanic plugged in the computer, mumbled something about thermostat temp gauge and reset so the lights now off. What part of the service would cause a problem with engine management? He said don't worry about it and see how you go but I don't wanna damage my engine if there's a problem? Stressed!!! don't think I'll be using them again...

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Mine was flapping about so I replaced all the exposed screws that I could find, makes it look tidier :approve:

BMW E46 330ci Sport
Hi guys

Great forum, this is my first post on the boards so hello :)
I purchased a 04 182 a few months back at 48k both cup packs with full service history and only 1 female owner.
Lovely car and hardly a mark on her. I love it and she puts a smile on my face every time I turn the key.
Last week I had a Jan speed exhaust fitted with new mounts and grooved and dimpled sports discs and pads.
I've had the wheels reconditioned to anthracite and 2.0 badges to match looks sweet!.

Cheers Guys.

Is that a picture of your actual car? You said in your original post that your car has both cup packs, but the car in that picture only has the suspension pack (anthracite alloys), not the spoiler pack. If you had both cup packs you would have the bigger spoiler and a front splitter trim.

182 Clio
Yes you are correct Jonnyd my mistake (1 cup pack). thats the pic of the car when I first had it. I went back Kangoosport because they already had all my parts for the service. The light came back on again, went back as they were closing and had the main man look at it. Apparently it was the sensor that controls the fuel not the thermostat . He said some carbon had stuck on the sensor. I've just been for a drive and seems ok so far....;-)

Last edited: