ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel arch, rubbing problem

Hi guys, I was driving home earlier down some b roads and went from going down hill to uphill on a bend and heard a noise, then going round bend i could hear rubbing and this was the outcome.

Has this happened to anyone else before? and would i just be able to cut the plastic away?

Thanks.

I couldn't get good pictures because of the sun so this one is showing wered the damage is -
IMAG0605.jpg

Front left
IMAG0608.jpg

Front left
IMAG0607.jpg

Front left
IMAG0606.jpg

Front right
IMAG0603.jpg

Front right
IMAG0600.jpg

happened to me but a lot worse - the arch liner came off completely and it was f**ked. Only just got a replacement. I'd get a new one for yours as it'll only get worse. Just finding one that's the problem!

It's held on by torx screws and some plastic clips, pretty easy to fit. Take the wheel off to get proper access. When mine came off I had to pull over in a service station to get at the bits of plastic that were left. It was a bit of a nightmare with the wheel still on and no easy way of removing the screws due to limited tools (scissors from the services along with a phillips screwdriver!!)

172 Iceberg Silver
This seems to be happening to my clio tonight, Sounds like something is rubbing. Too dark to look at it tonight. But not sure if this is the problem :s

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
thats not normal, especially on the bumpers. Check your shocks are working and you not just bouncing on the springs...

Also, worst first shot ever! Shoot away from the sun, not against it!!!

thats not normal, especially on the bumpers. Check your shocks are working and you not just bouncing on the springs...

Also, worst first shot ever! Shoot away from the sun, not against it!!!

I know it's a bad picture but that was just to show the area where the damage is because I had to get really close on the other pictures and looking at them alone makes it difficult to see it.

Do you have spacers on your wheels. Seemed to be the issue for me

I don't actually know if the previous owner put spacers on, I'll have a look later.

Clio 182
I have been hearing some rubbing when the front left of my car is under load the last few days. Need to have a proper look tomorrow.