ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel bearing change

Mk1 Renault Clio RT 1.4
Took my car in for wheel balancing the other day and the guy said I should get my front wheel bearings changed ASAP and it'll also sort out the crunching noise I get from moving the car on full lock (both ways).

Just wanted to check the crunching sound was coming from there? Its definately not from the wheels catching the arches.

Also does anyone have the part number handy for the wheel bearings (or bearing kit) I will need? Or a GSF part number will suffice (as thats where I'll prob get them from, lol)

Off to go change my rear engine mount now, lol.
Cheers!

RS RIP
the crunching is def something else, suspension most likely. Nothing to worry about, it's the famous clio "knocking" . There are alot of topics on here, also the sticky.

Really dont think youre bearing have gone unless you've done a lot of miles 80 + ?

www.renparts.co.uk
if its the bearing it will make a whining noise when your driving... sounds more like fubarred CV joint or worst case scenario diff issue...

Mk1 Renault Clio RT 1.4
I'm glad its not just me who thinks its a weird thing to say my bearings are the problem.

I will have to investigate some more :(

BTW - the car has done 85k