ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel bearing failure?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi guys,

I replaced the rear discs and bearings on my 172 about 3 months ago, but have noticed in the last few days that there's a whining noise coming from the rear of the car again.

Is it possible that the bearings could have failed after such a short time, or is there anything else i should check??

hmmm. Difficult to tell. It changes pitch with road speed.

If it was a tyre out of shape, wouldn't there be a vibration?

Yozzasport have been great and offered to replace them for me, but it's a bit of a b*ll ache to change them if that isn't the problem.

CB600FS
Matt why not go down to Yozzasport for 10 minutes, they'd probably be more than happy to have a quick look for you, could probably tell you what it is after a quick road test aswell, just an idea.

They were torqued correctly.

I would pop over to Yozzasport, but its 200 miles and 3 1/2 hours. Suppose I could combine the trip with my service, which is due......

Just trying to rule out any other options before I swap them for new ones...

Thanks for your help guys