ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel bearing Whine..

Hi,

ive got a wheel bearing whine from the rear, don't know which drum yet but from the rear. I was looking and do new drums have the bearings in already? or is it a press job :)

thanks

Renault Clio 182 BG
To try and help to work out what side its coming from take note if the noise gets louder or quieter when the car is under corning load. Failing that it will eventaully just get worse and it will be easy to pin point!
If memory serves me correctly on the drums they have to be pressed in (on the sports you can buy them pre pressed in which is a dream!)

thanks for advice :) didn't realise they didn't come with as euro car parts is like 46 per drum :S thought they wud have :/

Renault Clio 182 BG
Bloody hell that is a tad expensive.
Just out of curiosity why are you changing the drums? Something I've never found the need to do, shoes yes but ever the whole assembly

Cause I though was built in until research stupidly after posting :p. N they expensive so thought they may contain bearings but maybe not :/

Suzuki Jimny
Just make sure it is 100% the one you suspect. After replacing both my rear bearings it turned out to be the front one!

Renault Clio 182 BG
When they do beyond a certain point they do just drone as you probably know so it can be hard to pin point. Jack the car up and spin each wheel till you hear the grumbling.
All my Clio's have had an appetite for wheel bearings..maybe my driving haha

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
When they do beyond a certain point they do just drone as you probably know so it can be hard to pin point. Jack the car up and spin each wheel till you hear the grumbling.
All my Clio's have had an appetite for wheel bearings..maybe my driving haha

This.

£15 is what I paid for a second hand drum off ebay, just asked the seller if the drum was removed without any noises.

Still going strong 2 years later.