ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel bearing

Megane 225 F1
Got a drone coming from the rear of the car which changes tone with speed (I find going different speeds with no radio on fun as I make my own motherfucking music).

Anyway. I imagine it's a bearing on it's way out.

Best way to solve?

Buy new bearings and pay to get them pressed in?
Buy new read discs and fit them?

Also I get a constant squeak coming from the rear sometimes, usually after around 20 minutes of driving. Related or a whole new problem?

Cheers sexy people.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
If ur discs are nearly knackered buy the lot, if not then you could just buy the bearings i guess.

Personally id buy the lot.

What kind of squeak? Constant?

Megane 225 F1
Yup that also get faster with speed until it's so constant you can't hear it which is usually around the 60 mph mark.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Silly question, but it still does it when you drop the clutch and let off the loud pedal yes?

The best option is to buy brand new Renault discs from Fred, as he does good prices.

They come with bearings and ABS ring already, then get yourself a set of cheap pads, or as Fred to get you some.

Fit that lot and it'll feel a million times better.

Oh, and follow the guides, properly.

Megane 225 F1
Does it go away when you brake?

Yes....psychic

Silly question, but it still does it when you drop the clutch and let off the loud pedal yes?

The best option is to buy brand new Renault discs from Fred, as he does good prices.

They come with bearings and ABS ring already, then get yourself a set of cheap pads, or as Fred to get you some.

Fit that lot and it'll feel a million times better.

Oh, and follow the guides, properly.

Can't say I can remember so I can't answer your question. Guides? What guides?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Yes....psychic

Can't say I can remember so I can't answer your question. Guides? What guides?

Probably something to do with the brakes then,, mine used to do it, took the brakes apart and cleaned it all up and it was fine.

If you need advice on changing ur rear brakes im only a text away <3

Megane 225 F1
Hero. You will probably receive a phone call if I do it myself and I forget what goes where.

/n00b mechanic.