ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Bearings

172 cup
Hi, My car 172 Cup has just reached 40,000 miles and true to the word, the rear near side wheel bearing has started to make a noise. (annoying). How much should i be paying for a new bearing and does anyone know where the best place is to order the part? I might require some help when it comes to fitting it too. (please).

2003 Clio 172
110 for new rear discs with bearings and abs rings in them with pads.....probable a cheaper and easier job to replace the lot tbh

Jj

172 cup
Thanks for the feedback chaps. I was only planning on doing the 1 side but if i buy the package, does that mean i have to do both rear discs, pads, Bearings?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
From what I've heard....

Doing a bearing is often more effort than it's worth, unless you're doing it yourself and have the correct tools/equipment.

I woulnd't change one disc at a time either really, for the price of the "kit" I'd just refresh the rear brakes for £100 you can't go wrong.

It's so easy to fit yourself too.

172 cup
£100.00???? is that for just the breaks or for bearings also? Is it for one or for both sides? Sorry, im a bit dim i know.