ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapo, non acidic wheel cleaner?

Not a 320d
I used to use Espuma all the time but my wheels looked fucked after 3 years. Now ive got 313's Id like to take care of them. Im not going to go to the effort of C5'ing them just yet but in the mean time Ill top them with Sonax QD post washing.

Id like a non acidic or non damaging wheel cleaner which actually removes brake dust (Ill use Iron X for pitting). I am thinking Bills berry, as IIRC it actually does remove dust and its available in small 1 ltr bottles.

What think?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I know it's on C5'd wheels, but the demon shine rapid dirt shifter started to lift brake dust very quickly before I'd had a chance to pressure rinse. Yet to try it on unprotected wheels though

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I swear by Autobrite Very cherry. I can be got from 500ml bottles through to 5L bottles.. Don't mind sending a sample over to you for postage costs?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Ph rating is only part of the storey. Autofinesse citrus power is highly alkaline iirc, yet safe on waxes and any finishes. Think it has a similar Ph to oven cleaner, yet that isnt safe to use.

although preferable if neutral, a lot more goes into it to decide how aggressive or safe they are

Clio 172 Cup
Ph rating is only part of the storey. Autofinesse citrus power is highly alkaline iirc, yet safe on waxes and any finishes. Think it has a similar Ph to oven cleaner, yet that isnt safe to use.

although preferable if neutral, a lot more goes into it to decide how aggressive or safe they are

See this is stuff I need to learn was gonna get a couple of bottles of citrus power as a gentle cleaner, would you advise against this then ?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It is wax and sealant safe, should not mark trim if left to dry either. I lo e the stuff and typically use it every wash. Its aggressive at removing dirt, nothing else. As said the Ph rating is only part of it, it doesnt make it an aggressive or risky product to use.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
At the recent Dodo juice open day Dom mentioned this whole ph neutral bandwagon. One of the products he mentioned was iron x, granted in its raw state is it ph neutral but as soon as it starts to react with the iron deposits it turns heavily alkaline (I'm sure he sead alkaline and not acidic!)