ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel experience sought

Clio 200
I've had a blast with 7.5 x 17 Speedlines on my 197 for the last few years or so – great handling.
I'm getting a 200 and have a dilemma – stick with the Speedlines, or go for 8 x 17 Ultraleggeras with the significant increase in track?
How is the handling affected?
Looks are important, but handling is so much more so. No point looking good if doesn't feel good.

I'd be grateful for any first hand experiences/views. Thanks.

clio 200 F4Rt
I just fitted oz ul to my 200. No negative handling characteristics. If anything the car feels better due to the wheels being lighter.

I will be looking at replacing my cup racer rims for some for track work too!

Clio 200
I just fitted oz ul to my 200. No negative handling characteristics. If anything the car feels better due to the wheels being lighter.

I will be looking at replacing my cup racer rims for some for track work too!

Thanks fmp – that's really helpful as the last thing I want to do is make an expensive mistake. Do you find with the 215 tyres fitted, that the rim edges are more exposed, or doesn't it make that much difference?

Being pedantic here... track width isn't measured from the outside of each wheel, its the distance between the centreline's of each wheel. So the difference will just be the offset, no matter what width the wheel.

But I do see what you mean, if your trying to get work out how it will look in the arch.

Clio 200
Being pedantic here... track width isn't measured from the outside of each wheel, its the distance between the centreline's of each wheel. So the difference will just be the offset, no matter what width the wheel.

But I do see what you mean, if your trying to get work out how it will look in the arch.

Fair point in a pedantic-type way;)
But yes, was trying to establish the overall width, rim-to-rim.