ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel melt, did anyone ever find a cheap fix?

Steering wheel melt is of course a big problem with the poor choice of wheel materials

did anyone ever find a cheap fix? i saw some people scraped it all off, but it left the wheel all discoloured and nasty

ive got a load on my wheel, getting a replacement sport wheel with slight melt for cheap (grips in tact luckily)

if anyone knows of a fix id love to know it! (other than a retrim)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A car trader who I clean for recently sanded his steering wheel down!! I have to say, it didn't look too bad tbh.

I should imagine it won't last very long once it's been sanded down though.

Im considering a re trim at some point, Im yet to hear back from the bloke on here, but I think you pay, get what you want colour wise then send your old one to him.

Yep, Its re trim or put up with it I think.

Im considering a re trim at some point, Im yet to hear back from the bloke on here, but I think you pay, get what you want colour wise then send your old one to him.

Yep, Its re trim or put up with it I think.

His work looks truly amazing, only bit I'm not a fan of is having the airbag in a different finish to the wheel but it's not really a big deal haha

Inferno 182
I think a retrim is your only option as your replacement will go the same. How much for that? as it's money towards a retrim. As you have a orange car,here is mine done by Snappy.

image-11.jpg

image-8.jpg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Retrim was one of the first and best mods I've ever done... get it done man! You won't regret it.

Ex 182 owner
+1 for for retrim being best mod you can do.

Totaly agree on the snappy retrim, just picked up a s/h snappy, still in excellent condition. Keep your lowering springs, uprated stereo and ect all on hold till you have done this.. You hold onto your wheel every single time you drive the car. Its an utter joy holding a lovely leather wheel compared to cleaning "melt" from your hands.

The hardest part is getting away with not having a wheel on your car for a few weeks...or you can by a s/h spare and sell it when done for the same cash to the next person wanting to do the same.