ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel nearly fell off on motorway!

Hey guys

two weeks ago a slid sideways into a curb and knocked the tracking right off. When i got the tracking fixed, i thought everything was fine. then on the motorway, heard massive banging and pulled over to find the wheel nuts cud be turned by hand. I kept tightening and after bout 10 miles they wud be finger tight

renault say nufin bent, and it is the wheel

south west tyres say wheel is fine but may be hub

renault say hub is fine

ive tried different bolts and is same

im on the steels again now, and they are fine!!!!

WATS GOIN ON???

cheers

jon

(wolfrace spirits 17s)

use a steel rule on both mating faces, spin the wheel on the car and watch for trueness.

erm...........the wheel would damage before the hub.....

Elise/VX220/R26

I had this on my forst car, an old Mk1 Fiesta. Car would make a really loud metallic knocjing sound and then the wheel nuts would be loose. Unfortunaely I didnt keep it long enough to find out what the cause was, but Id say it was somethong running out of true that vibrates the nuts loose.

Think I have the same problem on my 172. Twice now the wheel nuts on the front passenger side have worked loose. The car was kerbed quite hard on that side once but has a different wheel on now. One thing I notice is something similar to brake judder but only at low speeds (10-0mph), kinda like slow pulsing. This happens with all bolts fully tight.

Anyone any more clues on this? Dont one the wheel falling off on my wife down the motorway!

Thanks.

Rob.