ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel people, i need help with aftermarket wheels

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im an OEM kinda guy and have never owned a set of aftermarket wheels, however im looking for something for the GT as 1. its under wheeled and 2. its needing tyres soon!

ive pretty much set myself on OZ superleggeras as i seen this and like it...
DSC036052.jpg
DSC03617.jpg

what i dont understand is all the ins and outs with offset etc, now to me that car above needs spacers, but im assuming i could get a slightly different fitment of wheel that would save me needing to buy spacers in the first place? or am i wrong?

the suspension side of things im cool with, ill get a set of coils for it and play about until i get the stance i want, i just dont know anything about wheel specs!

my next point is im struggling to find somewhere to get them from, id purchase new, and dont mind either buying with or without tyres, any places recomended?

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
if you want to get the wheels stick out more you have 2 options:
spacers
or
a wheel with a smaller offset. For example a clio 182 wheel is 16" in diameter and 7" wide with an offset of 45 (ET 45 that is). a clio 172 cup has an offset of ET 38, so this wheel will stick 7 mm out more.
The car in the pic could do with a 10 mm smaller offset for example, or some 10 mm spacers. I recommend to gets some smaller offset wheels instead of spacers though