ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Preperation! :D

1.6 16v
I have:

Washed -- Soapy water
De-greased -- AG EMC
More De-greased -- AG CW
De-Tared -- AG ITR
Washed -- Soapy Water
Polished x2 -- AG SRP
Sealed x3 -- AG EGP
Waxed x2 -- Coninite 476

Will this be enough to protect my wheels until i wax them on the car?? I have left 24hours between the coats of seal and wax.

What do you think??

Cheers Steve

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
sounds good steve, get them on the car!!

i might not have a french car by FCS now, might still come down though!

Mito Sportiva 135
will the colinite last rich? oi oi steve btw :)

jamie

I had 2 coats on mine, applied over Winter and still going strong. As long as you use just mild soapy water to clean should last for ages. You should be able to feel how well protected they are by running your finger along a spoke, should be able to feel the reassuring glide of freshly waxed metal :cool:

106 GTi
They say Carnuba's wont last due to the heat.

Something like P21s does not work, last about one drive!

I have never used Collinite on my wheels, always used to rely on just EGP alone. Though did use Megs #16 a few times.

Always do EGP x 3 on mine and then top up with Swissvax Autobahn or Poorboys Wheel Sealant whenever I get the cahnce.

Mito Sportiva 135
It says Collinite is a caranuba based product, but doesn't seem to be. It lasts very well in any case, and also brings out a really good level of shine if the wheel is polished underneath.

I have a few tiny tar marks though so going to give the car the full works this weekend I think, providing the weather holds out!

i need to get my damn wheels off dammmmmmmmit!! so depserate to give them a really good full detail.

oh well, home for easter this fri so garage time :D

jamie

1.6 16v
we will have to see if that lasts, but i will be topping it up whenever i get the chance while they are on the car. :D

Cheers steve

Mito Sportiva 135
we will have to see if that lasts, but i will be topping it up whenever i get the chance while they are on the car. :D

Cheers steve

Just treat your wheels like you would your paint on your car during the winter, i.e. maximum protection. AG SRP, CG Wheel Guard topped with a coat or two of Collinite 476 works for me - both in terms of looks and protection.

Then I can just wash them with shampoo and water, dry down and give a quick spray with QD to clean 100% and top up the wax.

Regular cleaning seems to be the key for wheels, as with any maintenance routine. It also allows you to identify and scratches or kurbing (my own personal nightmare!) so you can make minor repairs. If I ever get any minor scuffs you can cover with silver (or anthracite, black or whatever, depending on your wheels) paint sticks. The Saab silver paint stick seems a very close match to Renault silver alloys, just for minor imperfections.

TBH though, I wish I had anthracite 182 wheels as they never look dirty really!