ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel spacers... advice appreciated

Im looking into getting some wheel spacers for my 1.2 16v, for two main reasons: a) Im hoping this will cure the slight rubbing Im getting against the inner arches with the 17"s and 40mm drop, and b) Id like the wheels to come a good bit further out in the arches, as they sit really far in just now. Ive got BK wheels with a ET38mm offset.

Ive seen Eibach aluminium spacers which sound like they would do the job nicely, but the problem I have is what size to get? They come in:

+5mm (I think this would hardly make any difference to the position of the wheels in the arches, although if I cant go any bigger this would prob. at least solve my rubbing)

+15mm

+20mm

+25mm

Which should I get? Can I get away with 20/25mm of spacing or is that a silly idea? I was tending towards the 15mm ones, but am I right in thinking this would be equivalent to me having gone for an offset of ET53?? And that would have been daft, right??

Im also concerned that the tuner wheel bolts wont sit right on the rims if I space the wheels out too much??

Any advice much appreciated people.

Cheers.

Lionel Richie

you wont need any more than 5mm, plus anymore than that and your wheel bearings will die just like mine has!!!!!