ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Sticking/Rubbing

Naughty 1.2L 16V
Hello!

Recently when getting in the car in the morning the rear drums seem to lock up. I have to accelerate rather harsh to get the wheels unstuck. And yes I do take off the handbrake >.<
Got my drums and discs checked out at a local garage, got new discs and pads, the drums were fine - just needed a clean. Still the problem continues. So I jacked the car up to find which wheel was the issue, turns out it's the rear left wheel - as when I try to spin it I can hear some rubbing noise, not too loud but its non-existent with the other wheels.

This noise is not heard while driving unless breaking harsh. I haven't removed the wheel yet but I would have thought this would have been done when the drums were cleaned at the garage?

Just want to know if anyone had any ideas. Cheers, and its a 1.2 16V Expression.

Hello!

Recently when getting in the car in the morning the rear drums seem to lock up. I have to accelerate rather harsh to get the wheels unstuck. And yes I do take off the handbrake >.<
Got my drums and discs checked out at a local garage, got new discs and pads, the drums were fine - just needed a clean. Still the problem continues. So I jacked the car up to find which wheel was the issue, turns out it's the rear left wheel - as when I try to spin it I can hear some rubbing noise, not too loud but its non-existent with the other wheels.

This noise is not heard while driving unless breaking harsh. I haven't removed the wheel yet but I would have thought this would have been done when the drums were cleaned at the garage?

Just want to know if anyone had any ideas. Cheers, and its a 1.2 16V Expression.

sounds like your break pad has collapsed on that side, get the drum off and have a look

is cool mate, I had the same with mine doing this a while back but the wheel would lock altogether at times because the pad would jam between the drum and the centre