ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Studs - On a Road Car

Getting spacers for my Clio, so will need longer wheel bolts

Thinking of going for a stud kit as I quite like the idea of it, but if I'm honest the car is mainly used for road use (so the benefit of quickly changing wheels doesn't really matter)

I just like the look of them, and in terms of cost it won't be a huge amount more then some extended studs, also seen a supposedly decent steel purple nut set to go with them (ideally after purple)

My only concern is I guess they'll be a hell of a lot easier to punch the wheels?

I'm pretty safe in the fact the car is parked in a work car park or at home most of the time, but I just have a horrible thought of someone pinching them if I happen to drive out somewhere for a couple days

Or am I being stupid and no-one nicks wheels in today's age...(wheels in question are Turinis)

Many Thanks,
James

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Quite a few on here have had issues with stud kits, just don't seem worth the cost and hassle if you're not going to use them for their benefit.

@Cub. didn't you have issues with studs?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Just get bolt to hub, hub centric spacers.

Studs are ideally meant to be replaced every race season in motorsport, so you'd have to factor that in with daily wear and tear (potholes/s**t roads).

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have spacers fitted?

I ran a stud kit on my old BG which was a daily with no issues at all. But as @JamesBryan said, maybe hubcentric spacers are more for you.

Saying that, slightly off topic can you fit studs to a bolt to hub hubcentric spacer?

I've got 10mm PMS hub spacers to go on the back, so won't need any longer wheel bolts for those

But on the front I'm hoping for 15/16mm spacers, so I'll need longer bolts

Just get bolt to hub, hub centric spacers.

. But as @JamesBryan said, maybe hubcentric spacers are more for you
If I'm honest I haven't looked into bolt to hub spacers, as I always thought they were meant for when your running quite a large amount of spacing (25mm+), but I could look into them - guess the advantage being I could use my original wheel bolts

Guess it's that or a set of normal hubcentric spacers and look into longer bolts for the front, or a stud conversion kit (which I'd also convert the back to match)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I've got 10mm PMS hub spacers to go on the back, so won't need any longer wheel bolts for those

But on the front I'm hoping for 15/16mm spacers, so I'll need longer bolts

If I'm honest I haven't looked into bolt to hub spacers, as I always thought they were meant for when your running quite a large amount of spacing (25mm+), but I could look into them - guess the advantage being I could use my original wheel bolts

Guess it's that or a set of normal hubcentric spacers and look into longer bolts for the front, or a stud conversion kit (which I'd also convert the back to match)

Have a look at my old PH1 as I had H&R 20mm bolt to hub type hubcentric spacers. Excellent bit of kit, perfect size, great quality and didn't look ott. Intact I wouldn't buy any other. Intact I'll be purchasing them again when I get another Clio.

Yep - 20mm bolt to hub spacers here, with a PMS stud kit attached.

Perfect! That's what I want to hear! Can you PM me a few pics when you get a mo please Tim?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Can you PM me a few pics when you get a mo please Tim?
I grabbed these quickly before I left for work this morning:

IMG_4316_zpsfxjkwfgx.jpg

IMG_4312_zpsaqwd5zqk.jpg

IMG_4313_zps0b6cjvgd.jpg

IMG_4314_zpsx3nzsell.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thank you kindly Tim. I can see that you have H&R spacers and as you mentioned earlier, they are the bolt to hub/dra type. That's exactly what I'm wanting to do so that's perfect :smile: