ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheels dont fit :( help!

192'd BG 182 FF
Just bought some oz f1's and the hole in the centre is much bigger than the lip on the hub! Is there anything i can do about this?!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You can buy them off ebay.

You just need to find out what size the wheels bore is. Renaults should be 60.1

So say your wheels are 65 then you need 65 > 60.1 spigot rings.

192'd BG 182 FF
Yeah, trying to find some rings now :S why 'good luck...'? Am i in for a nightmare? :(

Ph2 Clio 172
OZ wheels don't use 'normal' spigot rings, they require proprietry OZ only rings that, unless you can find a set on eBay, you have to buy from OZ direct. The set I bought were from Italy and cost over £60 as they come as part of a 'fitting kit' which includes 4 rings and 20 wheel bolts, so cost a bomb to post.

Then when they arrived I couldn't get them to fit, so gave up.

I also bought a set off eBay that were meant to fit OZ wheels and they didn't.

3 months, 4 sets of spigot rings, and about £100 lighter and I gave up and sold them.

Mk2 Ph2 172
OZ wheels don't use 'normal' spigot rings, they require proprietry OZ only rings that, unless you can find a set on eBay, you have to buy from OZ direct. The set I bought were from Italy and cost over £60 as they come as part of a 'fitting kit' which includes 4 rings and 20 wheel bolts, so cost a bomb to post.

Then when they arrived I couldn't get them to fit, so gave up.

I also bought a set off eBay that were meant to fit OZ wheels and they didn't.

3 months, 4 sets of spigot rings, and about £100 lighter and I gave up and sold them.

To the op lol

192'd BG 182 FF
Ohh balls :( ive just had a measure of the hole on the wheel and its about four different sizes in different places :( im going to do this, spent too much on a respray to give up!

Ph2 Clio 172
IIRC the OZ standard bore is 75mm.

I gave the OZ distributor the reference on the wheel and the centre bore I needed (60.1mm) and they ordered the part for me.

192'd BG 182 FF
Mine are nowhere near 75mm. Ive just ordered some rings off ebay and if they dont fit ill just machine some myself. Cant believe i didnt even check if they fitted before i got the respray :( cheers for your help!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It'll be fine without them for the time being.

I agree with Gaz. If you're only using them for road use, as long as the bolt holes line up and you're using decent bolts, you'd never know the difference.

192'd BG 182 FF
Would the Standard renault bolts be strong enough or would i need something better? Would i just be relying on the taper of the bolts to set the wheel to the centre of the hub?

Dodgy one
I dont think i'l use plastic ones on mine again, They've been ok until i put the wheels in storage, Now fitted them and it vibrates above 60.

I've balanced them twice, Checked for buckles and flat spots, made sure the tyres ok. Which everything was clear. So i'm going to buy some metal rings.

Standard wheels are fine BTW

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
FYI your local wheel shop, not just a tyre place, but one that sells alloys too, should be able to supply you with spigot rings. They'll even check they fit etc. That's what I did and he charged me £7.50 per ring I think (metal).

192'd BG 182 FF
Don't have any shops like that near me :( I'm getting the proper measurements after work today and getting a friend to make me some from steel. Hope fully that will do the job. I'll put some pictures up when it all fits to show anyone else that needs to know how to solve this! Cheers for your help to everyone thats posted!

I have a set of wheels on mine (not OZ F1 mind) but my alloys centres are rather large round the hub. Ive run the car n spacers for 2 weeks now and no problems had 100 out of it on the motorway and still no problems? If that helps...

Nick

(15" alloys btw)

192'd BG 182 FF
I have a set of wheels on mine (not OZ F1 mind) but my alloys centres are rather large round the hub. Ive run the car n spacers for 2 weeks now and no problems had 100 out of it on the motorway and still no problems? If that helps...

Nick

(15" alloys btw)
By spacers to you mean wheel spacers or spigot rings like i'm on about?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Spigot rings dont actually do anything once the wheel is in use, just help with initial location, they arent intended to be load bearing.

192'd BG 182 FF
As the casting is s**t on all four centre holes on the wheels i think im just going to try and run the wheels without spigot rings. Should i loctite bolts? And do i need to buy any stronger, higher tensile bolts to take the strain?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No you shouldnt need to loctite wheel bolts and the standard ones should be strong enough, as I said previously once the bolts are done up the spigot rings arent doing anything anyway, so the bolts shouldnt be under anymore strain.

I would however wind all 4 bolts in hand tight first before tigthening any of them, to make sure the wheel is well located.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its a third of the price of the harry hockley kit to do the same that I use on my corsa, so I thought it was quite keenly priced given the quality of them TBH.

Yes its a direct fit onto a 172