ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheels not gripping

Chav Rocket
Right car is sat on AVON tyres, has AVO coilovers and dampers, car handles well but if i give it some beans the tyres are constantly wheel spinning when i change gear. going round a bend if i give it any power the car snakes too.

is this purely a tyre issue as i suspect? or could suspension setup come into it aswell?

thanks
Jonni

Chav Rocket
ohh sorry meant to say that this is in the dry! have been taking it slow in the wet the car cost too much to build to wreck it now!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
ohh sorry meant to say that this is in the dry! have been taking it slow in the wet the car cost too much to build to wreck it now!

I'd get some new tyres then. Goodyear eagle F1's are meant to be good in the wet, likewise Ive never had any probs with conti- sport contacts on mine.

Focus ST
Yes i've used blackcircles... they're really good. Get a few quid off with cliosport discount aswell :D

I've got Michelin Pilot Exalto's on all corners... Real good tyres

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Blackcircles tend to be more expensive than mytyres, and camskill tend to be the cheapest available (and excellent service). I'd try hankook v12, better tyre imo than the f1 (and the f1 is being phased out).

Avon tyres, says it all imo, I don't rate them at all. I had them on a valver years ago, it was crap with them on it. I've had F1's too, they get my vote.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've always been a fan of F1's in the past, but give that they won't be around in RS size for much longer, I'd go for something else.

Chav Rocket
the tyres were spares i had lying around my garage so ill have to invest in some new ones it seems, the avons are lethal.

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
i had a friend who bought a full set of avons for his vectra - he was saying how good they were etc, two days later he put it into some railings.

Avons + friend who thinks he is Button in a Vectra = FAIL

My mate works for Black Circles, which is across the road from my work. Ive passed him a few pople in the past and he can get further discounts.

PM if you want me to get him to contact you.

If it's for track, get the RS2 instead. Still cheap, a lot cheaper than R888's.

Well i've just got a set of 15" Turinis but they've got Yokohama Parada's on them (2 legal and 2 barely legal). I've heard mixed reviews of the Parada's so i might just ditch them and get 4 new tyres, does anywhere have the RS2's in stock ?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Well i've just got a set of 15" Turinis but they've got Yokohama Parada's on them (2 legal and 2 barely legal). I've heard mixed reviews of the Parada's so i might just ditch them and get 4 new tyres, does anywhere have the RS2's in stock ?
Mytyres. Not as cheap as camskill, but camskill are too cheap for the rs2, never any stock!

Chav Rocket
well i cant see the v12 in my size so ill have to call them tomorrow and get prices (Hankook)

Chav Rocket
ordering v12's now - called camskill and they couldnt give me a stock quote over the phone...wtf. im not paying for them to later tell me they havent got them.

Chav Rocket
My mate works for Black Circles, which is across the road from my work. Ive passed him a few pople in the past and he can get further discounts.

PM if you want me to get him to contact you.

thanks for your contact mate
delivered to my door for £155, quite happy with that!

BrownBear i shall let you know how much i like them on tuesday when they are fitted:cool: