ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheels on BMW, what looks better?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
right what is preferred??
standard silver or shadow chrome? poll?

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

or shadow chrome??
12c503b6.jpg

587f8aaf.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just looks like you haven't cleaned it.

Do them the brightest silver you can, just so they look really clean.

Flash chrome would of been better if you really had to have a finish like that, but still the shape is terrible for it. Those sort of finishes suit flatter spokes, such as the CSL wheels.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Flash chrome would of been better if you really had to have a finish like that, but still the shape is terrible for it. Those sort of finishes suit flatter spokes, such as the CSL wheels.

i agree. the main reason i did them is because one of my lads hasnt had any pratice with this finish (hard as fook) so i thought as they needed a refurb! lol

IF i keep the car, i will buy some csl reps for it or similar.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
BMW's shoud be left standard.

Otherwise you will look like a small time asian supermarket owner.

Imho of course.

haha true but i cant seem to keep any of my cars standard for long as i like doing bits to it. i will do them another silver if i get another chance.

Turbos.
Doesn't work as shadow chrome. In fact, anything resembling anthracite just looks dirty.

CSL wheels FTW... otherwise go for bright silver. I always ask for the same finish as Mercedes wheels, as i believe they have the most metallic flakes in.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Moondust silver (ford) Is the most metallicy colour I use for alloys 99% of the time!

My favourite silver is the audi colour used on most new s line models which is called chrome/german fx.

Golf R soon...
I had my MV1's on my 325ci refurbed when I first bought it...

DSCN1648.jpg

They were slightly brighter than the standard colour, come up really nice when cleaned.