ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

when is everyone putting their winter wheels on?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as above, whens everyone who has winter wheels for their car putting them on?

was thinking about doing it today after seeing the state my turinis have got in the last week but not sure if its still a bit to early and will end up me driving about like a dick with 14" steelys on a nice hot day!!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Im toying with the idea of having a set of "winter" tyres, i.e fatter profile,50 or 55 maybe, deeper tread etc but not a set of "winter" wheels.

Then again i may just say feck it and skate my way, tentatively thru October to March!

cock mobile.
Never, haven't got any, well not yet anyway :eek:

I just want something darker to save the white ones!

Ad

MK2 FRS
^^ you need some with white weels as standard. lol

I put my winter roof on the VX yesterday if that counts, lol,

cock mobile.
Ad said:
^^ you need some with white weels as standard. lol

Yer I know, was thinking of some pro race 1.2s in black, but not sure if black is a bit too dark, would be much easier than cleaning the white ones all winter!

133/225/CLS AMG
I've never seem the real point in winter wheels unless you have some crazy finish that tarnishes easily.

I had a set of 17" Wolfrace alloys on my 172 that I did 10,000 odd miles on through winter etc and they were fine, with just giving them a clean every week.

This was them when I sold the car............
5.jpg

RB 200 Cup!
well i got 16' anthracties on mine - gonna leave it another month then put my standard dynamique 15's back on til about march time

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
iv got anthracites which will be getting changed over mid october/ start november to avoid any crap pitting etc

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I haven't got winter wheels, although I could use the original 15" alloys, but like Alex says, I don't see the point in it as long as you keep your wheels clean.

I don't bother with winter wheels.....

.....because i don't drive my car in the winter:rasp:!

Its kept nice and snug in the garage under its blanket with the battery plugged into its trickle / top up charger:approve:

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
I dont drive the cup in the winter months , all that salt on the roads .
end of october ill give it one last polish then its boxed up till summer !

eo52vug said:
I dont drive the cup in the winter months , all that salt on the roads .
end of october ill give it one last polish then its boxed up till summer !

Same as mate, same as:approve:

mk1 172
Box your car till summer???

WTF get a grip

Its a car, its meant for driving, fine if it was an Aston, or Ferrari or something, but a clio i mean come on get a life!

Scirocco GT 210
Dave_W said:

WTF get a grip

Its a car, its meant for driving, fine if it was an Aston, or Ferrari or something, but a clio i mean come on get a life!

Agreed. My car will get driven whatever the weather :approve:

It has a roof :clown:

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I have a set of wheels, i drive my car all year, as long as their isnt 12inches of snow i'll go.

steveV6 said:
Its kept nice and snug in the garage under its blanket with the battery plugged into its trickle / top up charger:approve:
Can I buy your car when you're finished with it?

Dave_W said:
WTF get a grip

I love my car, not more than my wife or girls, but I still love it. Its a peice of metal / plastic I know, but so is an Aston etc etc.. its what it means to me. If I want to rap it up for the winter months thats my business, its not harming you, can't see your problem really!?!?!?!

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Dave_W said:

WTF get a grip

I also have a st200 mondeo , which i prefer to drive in the winter , much safer imo , the clio is my summer toy mate and its mint and i want it to stay that way !

I have a life thanks .

Tangoed Works
Turning into the Golf boys. Some guys I know have 4 sets and the winter ones would put most normal alloys to shame, lol.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
thinking of doing something mental like painting my 4 steelys bright green or bright orange.. not sure tho lol

problem is i cant be arsed washing my wheels every week when its cold, icey and wet so rather just put s**t wheels on that i dont have to care about, i do to many miles a week to just clean them once lol