ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When tailgating goes very, very wrong (Clio Cup pics)

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
The really high 3 wheel action is due to striking the kerb, but evry car was already on 3 wheels entering the corner, so much fun to watch. Most of the drivers said they were much easier to control than the 172s they used to run.

Are they quicker by any noticable amount Chris? Wonder how the speed achieved changed?

LOL @ Pheonix giving you tips on what camera you should have bought. I couldnt get shots like that with £10k of kit.

Are they quicker by any noticable amount Chris? Wonder how the speed achieved changed?

Hard to say as I never saw the 172s at Thruxton and that circuit is unlike most others. However I did have a quick look at Quali times at the circuits in 2006 compared to 2007 and there is absolutely nothing in it, virtually down to 10ths of a second in similar conditions, right from 100mph circuits such as Thruxton to 80mph ones such as Brands.

I guess something can be said for the 197s already matching the 172 pace in their first season though, so I imagine the 197 will have the edge in time.