ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When will renault make a new bad boy 3ltr engined car?

FF182 Brembo Max, BMC CDA
As the title says When will renault make a new bad boy 3ltr engined car? We have had the V6 twice are they giving up on such amazing cars now, is the 2ltr engines the most we will see from reno?

mini cooper (RIP 172)
dont sell very well, no one wants to buy them new, but big demand of 2nd ones

but yer i would love to see/own a new "bad boy 3lr";)

Cupra
There's not been any sign yet, not even released any concepts that hint towards doing one.

Really?;)

dsc00339.jpg

Doh, a bit of homework shows that this is a two liter. I definitely read something about it though.

Last edited:
  Mondeo TDCI 130
Clio V6 255 = 182bhp/ton
Clio 172 cup = 171bhp/ton

whats the point?! even though vees look awesome! all that engine for 11 bhp?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Clio V6 255 = 182bhp/ton
Clio 172 cup = 171bhp/ton

whats the point?! even though vees look awesome! all that engine for 11 bhp?

Good point, although i woundn't buy a V6 for it's power to weight ratio, i'd buy it for it's looks and the noise the 3.0 engine makes.

If i wanted something silly quick i'd buy a Evo.

mk1 clio 1.4sport
I thought that they were working on one based on the 350Z's engine? Not a clio of course.

The 350Z engine is the engine from the Vel Satis and the Avantime iirc so i would assume renault will be using the engine again in the future...

Golf GTI 1.8T
There's not been any sign yet, not even released any concepts that hint towards doing one.

Really?;)

dsc00339.jpg

Doh, a bit of homework shows that this is a two liter. I definitely read something about it though.

look how thick that door is.

as people said 3lts wont be as popular, higher tax n all, better off turbo'ing everything like all the manufacturers are starting to do with the smaller engines.

Mk4 .:R32
That golf just looks like a chav has been let loose on a normal mk5 GTi.

A new clio v6 would be quality. or maybe even a "GT" version of the new clio or something that has a meggy 225 engine.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
About this 'the performance is almost the same' thing. I test drove both, back to back, on the same day. 0-60, there isn't that much in it, but the huge piles of extra torque all over the range makes the V6 quite a bit quicker in real life...

Anyway, didn't they cover this on top gear when the new one came out? They said that the Renault bods weren't making a V6 this time because the 197 would be 'fast enough' heh.

Dan

Mk1 V6
About this 'the performance is almost the same' thing. I test drove both, back to back, on the same day. 0-60, there isn't that much in it, but the huge piles of extra torque all over the range makes the V6 quite a bit quicker in real life...

Dan

Of course there is always a faster car than your own, but the V6 is not about 0-60 and bhp figures, it's about how they drive, look, 'practicality', even just owning one and the fact that they are respected by every 'car' owner out there....in my job I meet a broad spectrum of car enthusiasts, they all show masses of interest and respect for the V6, not only that, they are just downright cheeky, and make all the right noises, never knock anything until you have owned one........... I wouldn't mind a 172/182 or a Trophy !!!!! I'd have to keep the Vee of course !
how is the Vee ownership going Dan anyway ?

Audi TT 225
I want I want I want

Along with the World Series Formula Renault 3.5 championship, the Mégane Trophy first appeared in 2005 as part of the World Series by Renault.This powerful prototype, driven by its 330bhp V6 engine, makes the most of ground effect aerodynamics to ensure it stays firmly on track.

600_06203130_roc_tcm2-43219.jpg

600_06203101_roc_tcm2-43203.jpg

E90

Anyway, didn't they cover this on top gear when the new one came out? They said that the Renault bods weren't making a V6 this time because the 197 would be 'fast enough' heh.

Dan

Quicker in real life right up until it reachs a corner, and parks itself backwards through a hedgeback lol

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Quicker in real life right up until it reachs a corner, and parks itself backwards through a hedgeback lol

Hehe yea pretty much :D I'd bet on the 1*2 been the quicker point to point car down a country lane no question heh :)

Vee ownership is going great :D I had the engine covers off last night showing off to some mates and local boy racer types on the sea front in Scarborough hehe and then was forced to give a pretty young lady a passenger ride as well. It was tough ;)

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't knocking the 182s and alike AT ALL - I think they're fabulous cars, and I am 100% sure if I had bought one instead of the Vee I would not in any way be disappointed. I was so incredibly tempted by the Trophy hehe! I like things with number plaques :)

The only downside to Vee ownership so far is my first encounter with VeeTax on an aircon pipe at £147+VAT for a foot long pipe heh.

I like the look of that Megane Trophy! They should totally put that into prodution!

Dan

Audi TT 225
Ive got a spare £150 aircon pipe for the 172 if its the same lol ;)
They should 100% do a production version of the meg trophy it would seriously own but probably cost 60k or something lol