ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

where do 182 exhausts usually leak?

ITB'd 182...
Could be anywhere

Cat, Manifold, Centre box?

If it's the standard one they usually fall off as they are crap tbh...

330ci sport
I've recently had a mare with my cat cracking on the flange that joins cat to mid section. Is it whistling at high revs?

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
no its sounding between cat and manifold plus theres a rattle coming off the exhaust now just as i turn the engine off maybe a join is loose will need to jack up for better inspection.

Fiesta ST-2
i get a tapping noise from the exhaust near the front everytime i get out the car after a drive i can hear it. Does it mean i have a leak?

ITB'd 182...
Sounds like the cat to manifold gasket

K-Tec can supply you with the full kit for around 40-50 quid iirc...

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
found out where its leaking today as it was dry and got it up on axle stands.
theres a rusty round clamp holding 2 flanges together one at the back end of the cat and the other onto the rest of the system back..... it is cracked and well rusty and is allowing too much exhaust movement this is the main leak........also noticed it is blowing just at the first silencer too :(
will see if some Belzoner mixed up with fibreglass will patch up the hole in the silencer and will nbedd to get hold of an exhaust clamp pronto!!!!!