ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where do the resistors go...

200 Gordini
For seat airbags and pre tensioners.

Ive got 3.9 ohm.

Saw a thread a while back with pictures, any help would be appreciated.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
one from when i fitted mine

SL370102.jpg

one courtesy of f0xy

SL370103.jpg

200 Gordini
Thanks, im guessing thats all the info i need?

Did you leave the resistor sticking far out like that?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
i put a bit of electrical tape over the top to hold them in place, mine worked for a month then decided to give up. i've tried replacing them but didn't work so i've just left the lights on. will get round it by removing the dash bulbs eventually.

200 Gordini
I read somewhere about packing them otherwise itll be a loose connection? This may have been your problem?

Im guessing you dont need to disconnect the battery to do this right?

200 Gordini
Ive not got the brown plug. Mines black.. pic:

4d4d8306.jpg

The drivers side pre tensioner (grey) is plugged in and the black one (^^^) is loose.

Passenger side, both arent connected. pic:

00af9878.jpg

My wires on passenger side looks to have been caught under the seat a few times :mad: does this mean they will throw the lights up anyway?

437859a3.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
So it goes across the white/brown wires.

You dont "need" to use that connector to put them in. You could snip them and solder them but that would mean you would have to piss about putting the connector back on once you go to put the old seats back in.

Bumder With A Buffer
Aye I saw your chewed wires!

Best bet would be to make up the wires (strip a bit and then use electrical tape to join them (unless you have a soldering Iron??) then stuff the resistor in the connecot. DOUBLe pack each connector as well.

By that I mean cut a bit of the resistor leg and use that to pack it.

200 Gordini
Thank youu :D Going to go try it out now. fingers crossed

edit..
Ive got a soldering iron but ive never used it lol would it be best to leave it to someone who knows what theyre doing? or would electrical tape do the job for me

Bumder With A Buffer
If you get stuck with the pretensioner just bump in here...should be the orange and brown wires.

200 Gordini
The lights went off but came on again when i turned the engine on.

So they were off when i turned the ignition on but came on when i turned on the engine

200 Gordini
Ah s**t, i couldnt double pack the pre tensioners (snug fit already) and forgot about the air bag ones!! brb lol

330 Ci
Does anyone know the Wattage of the resistor required?

I've just been to Maplin to pick a few 3.9 Ohm resistors, however they're available in a few different wattages: 0.2w, 0.6w etc :S - which is the correct one?

330 Ci
I ended up getting some "standard" 0.6 Watt ones - hopefully they'll do the job!

Can any one help me with undoing the seatbelt - pretentsioner plug?

Its this bit...

Ive not got the brown plug. Mines black.. pic:

4d4d8306.jpg

... attached to this that i'm having problems seperating

I've maanged to detach the red clip off the plug, but other then that i can't seperate them and don't really want to cut and solder the wires - can anyone help me figure out where i'm going wrong?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
That plug is a fooker to get off. Took me ages to work it out...

Can't really explain it either :eek:

Clio 172 Cup
To answer my own question I purchased one of these units from Ebay. (same unit but half the price of K-Tec)

It's useless and a waste of money.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
They wont reset it if the faults still there..... The airbag light will go out once it sees the right resisitor. So either you have the wrong value fitted, or its fitted incorrectly

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Is it just this plug:
4d4d8306.jpg

I need to put a resistor in? across what colour wires?

So i only need x2 reisitors?

Richy??? :eek:

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ye you need to dismantle the red part so you can see it properly and then fit the resistor, and bung some tape around them so they dont come out

On ebay theres a guy selling resistors for 1.19 +89p for a pack of 50, worth it tbh, because if you do a mistake like me you have plenty spare,

330 Ci
Having recently done this myself i'll add a few points to help others:

I bought x10 3.9 Ohm 0.6 Watt resistors from Maplin and they did the job perfectly (80pish i think)

In the end I decided to chop the plug off and use block connectors (can be purchased from Halfords/B&Q etc) to attach the resistor, having fiddled about for ages trying to pack the plug with the legs from other resistors i gave up and just chopped the wires - IMO its allot cleaner to do it this way as you can physically see the connection.. if your going to do this, make sure you cut the wires in the middle of the un-sheithed section so that there's enough left to re-join the plug at a later date.

The airbag light DOES NOT need to be reset, it will go out once either an airbag is plugged in OR a resistor is used to bridge the plug and trick the ecu.

I need to put a resistor in? across what colour wires?
There should be three wires going into the plug - bridge the two that aren't black and the airbag light will go off ;)

Last edited:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hello, could someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I have bought some 3.3ohm resistors and put them in as above but there still on?

IMG_0047.gif

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
maybe their too weak luke, try some 3.9ohm's as thats whas most people use, How much do you need?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I have seen a few people using 3.3 ohm on here...

Erm, I think I only need two dont I? Might have to nip down to maplins :( I will keep messing about with them for now though...

Have I done it right though in the above pic?

E87 118d M Sport
sorry to jack the thread, but im having a problem with my recaros.

heres a pic:
cdeeebfa.jpg

help..

its like a puzzle. with a piece missing. and i dont have a box to look at the picture.

330 Ci
lol oh dear guys!

For clarity, heres what i did to mine - involves chopping the plug off (looks like yours has already been chewed off m4rkie ;)) then using a block connector to attach the resistor.
HPIM2092.jpg

as you can see, only the brown & orange wires need to be bridged - this stops the airbag light from coming on.

Last edited:
  Bumder With A Buffer
I have seen a few people using 3.3 ohm on here...

Erm, I think I only need two dont I? Might have to nip down to maplins :( I will keep messing about with them for now though...

Have I done it right though in the above pic?

Drop me your address and il send you a few (for freeeeee) :)

and whats the exact resistor you used mate, thanks!!!

anything from 3-5 ohm off the top of my head will work.

I use 3.3 ohm on mine and all is fine.

What MOST people struggle with is not making a decent connection when putting them in. Likewise to you if you want some drop me a pm and il post some to you (for freeeee) :)

330 Ci
^ Very true - my reasoning for using the block connectors..

I bought x10 3.9 Ohm 0.6 Watt resistors from Maplin and they did the job perfectly (80pish i think)

.. as posted higher up ;) - however, as you've already got the resistor (the long black thing in your picture) then you could just re-attach it using some block connectors as in my photo and it should work!

Last edited:
  E87 118d M Sport
however, as you've already got the resistor (the long black thing in your picture) then you could just re-attach it using some block connectors as in my photo and it should work!

lol ive already tried that twice. with block connectors.
can the black resistor ive got....break?
and does it matter which way round it goes in?