ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where is RSTuner airbag module locked to?

A friend has an RSTuner with the airbag module. I have an RSTuner without the airbag module.

I'm putting some standard seats back into my Clio so need to re-enable the airbags for the seats.

We disabled my airbags using his laptop & RSTuner software.

Will I be able to just hook his RST module to my laptop/RST software and switch my airbags back on, or does it require both his module and his laptop/RST software to do this?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Each RS Tuner is locked to the VIN of the car (thats the impression i always got)

Each RS Tuner is locked to the VIN of the car (thats the impression i always got)

The airbag module isn't. He used it to disable his drivers airbag, and then 24 months later my seat airbags when I got my Evo Recaro's. So it isn't locked down like the remapping function.

Just wondering whether it's locked to the RSTuner module or both module and installed software.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
there's a 'reset' option so you can just do that, disable any ones you want and go.