ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where the hell would I start? (leaking conent)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
ceca91a9.gif

2c2d3d1e.gif

cc2e2163.gif

e1a1bceb.gif

Im basically slowly leaking coolent. So i took all the airbox off to have a gander ( i have no idea wtf im doing btw)...

Anyway, where would you start finding out where its coming from and what i need to order from renault... Also, does that sensor (cam sensor?) look fooked? As i keep getting put in limp mode on occasions.

Luke.

53 Clio's & counting
that looks a bit like dirty water, than coolant mate, i could be wrong though?

does it leak when warm have you noticed? start it up without the airbox on, wont do it any harm, you might be able to see the leak then

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Its deffo coolent mate as it needs topping up every 3 weeks or so. Confused to hell. I started it up but couldn't see any leaks. I think it does it very slowly.

53 Clio's & counting
that would be alot of coolant for a slow leak fella!

im personal experience thats almost a split in a pipe kind of spray if it is coolant

at a guess id start by looking at that sensor

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Could be the sensor not sealing or looks like its sprayed out from the coolent hose below the sensor. Might be the fixings knackered or you have a tiny split in the hose ?

Get some gloves on & give it a squeeze or wiggle as car ticks over see if you can locate it, replace the clip with a jubilee fixing ?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Take it back to the Dealer you bought it fro..... Oh, wait.

Ph2 172
Have you tried cleaning the area a much as possible and then keep checking it over?

What have you been topping it up with.. just water or proper coolant/antifreeze mixture?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
always topped up with proper coolent shaun... Yes i cleaned it all up when i had it off. Im going to take it back off tomorrow and check if i can see where its come from. Posted this so i can get an idea about what to look for :)

E36 328
start it and let it get up to temp then see if you can see any leaks when its under pressure

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Thanks mark, il give gray a ring and try to arrange something if you dont mind. I need it sorting really so I appreciate it :)