ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to buy bottom ball joints?

Black 182 FF
I'm asking as my car has just failed it's MOT. So I got home and picked up the phone and called GSF. Whilst on the phone he first says they dont do them (WTF?) then starts talking about only being able to find some for a 1.4 and that I'd have to call Renault for a part number.

So I then looked on Eurocarparts and couldn't find any listed, so asked their online people and they then said it's not listed in stock and I should call into my local brach (Sheffield?) which is about 20 miles away.

I've done a bit of a search on here and found a Eurocarparts link and part numbers for GSF, but I'm not sure if they're correct:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...esh-Parts-Prices!&highlight=bottom+ball+joint

ECP no name (617745220) at £12.90 each
ECP Lemforder (617745225) at £21.90 each
GSF no name (424RE0230) at £12.00 each
GSF no name (424RE0160) at £11.52 each

Any advice from the experts on here (Fred, Dan??) as to which of the above I should avoid, or which are good, or any other sources I should be looking at? I figure Lemforder will be fine for balljoints/track rod ends. Will the GSF "premium" bearing be ok??

Cheers for any help you can give.

Can anyone tell me if those are correct, or IIRC there's someone on here that works for GSF. If he was around and could help me he'd be a lifesaver ;)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Make sure they are the correct one, i bought some from a place similar type of place to GSF, specifically asked for the ones for a 172 even told them the hole size but i still ended up with the ones for a 1.2.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I've given up on GSF. People in the branches are OK, but they don't seem to have any support from head office regarding stock and suppliers.

I use Delphi balljoints most of the time. About £15

Black 182 FF
I've ordered the lemforder one from Eurocarparts, pick it up tonight. Just hope its the right one.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Perry, you need GSF number 424RE0231 in TRW. Give me a call on 0121 626 7971 on Monday if you need one, can't remember price off the top of my head at the moment.\

Elliot