ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to get a 1/8"NPT Oil pressure sender ?

Dunno if this is in the correct section or not.

Anyway, i fitted oil temperature and oil pressure gauges last week.

Now my electrical oil pressure gauge sender is fucked as i knocked it and broke one of the male threaded terminals for the ring connectors off :(

Does anyone know where i can by a new sender ?

I have looked on Demon Tweeks etc but can't find an electrical oil pressure sender in the fitting size i need which is 1/8"NPT MALE :( to screw it into my t piece

'92 172, Lotus Elise
take it 1/8NPT is the fitment for the oil pressure switch? :D good to know...

I'm using a mk1 pressure sender - it's electrical, but dont know if it sends a standard signal or not

where did you get the t piece from?

Last edited:
take it 1/8NPT is the fitment for the oil pressure switch? :D good to know...

I'm using a mk1 pressure sender - it's electrical, but dont know if it sends a standard signal or not

where did you get the t piece from?

The standard oil pressure switch that was in engine block for the oil light is a M14 x 1.5 thread.

This is the electrical sender for my oil pressure gauge thats fucked and thats a 1/8"NPT male thread :(

BMW M135i
Can't help you but any chance of some pics of how/where you've mounted the gauges? And where did you get the t-piece from?

Can't help you but any chance of some pics of how/where you've mounted the gauges? And where did you get the t-piece from?

Will get the pics up later ;), i got the hydraulic fittings and t piece along with a foot long length of hydraulic hose to mount them remotely from my local hydraulics supplier ( i mounted them remotely so the t piece aint screwed into the original oil pressure switch port on the block as there was no space) ;)

C2 VTS from Fri
Can't you just solder the wire on? NPT is an american standard - you might have to import as the standard here is BSPT and I'm pretty sure they're incompatible.

I assume you already asked if the supplier/importer/manufacturer of the parts do spares?

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
you could re machine the thread on the sender unit. Its not that different a diameter! 1/8" npt has an od of 10.3 or something.

Hope your using ptfe tape on your tapered threads?

you could re machine the thread on the sender unit. Its not that different a diameter! 1/8" npt has an od of 10.3 or something.

Hope your using ptfe tape on your tapered threads?

Of course bud

Still aint found one :(

Those ones in the link above are for racelogic gauges, which have diff terminals :(

cant you buy one off the people who made your gauge? As the resistance curves will be matched.

NPT is pretty standard in the automotive world for aftermarket sensor threads etc.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
Dicky, phone tommy or kenny at hydrasun and ask them if they can sort you out wi adapters. I think the number is 618618.

Or just buy an m14 tap and tap out the female thread on the t piece! You'd have to use some sort of dowty seal though!

Dicky, phone tommy or kenny at hydrasun and ask them if they can sort you out wi adapters. I think the number is 618618.

Or just buy an m14 tap and tap out the female thread on the t piece! You'd have to use some sort of dowty seal though!

Cheers Andy, i'll give them a shout should i need them ;)

Is Hydrasun still down by Pittodrie ?

I got it sorted the oil temp sender for the oil temperature gauge and the standard oil pressure switch (m14 thread) are all in my t piece i just need a new 1/8/" npt oil pressure sender as mine is still fucked :(

Re: Where to get a 1/8"NPT Oil pressure sender ? Now with Pics.

Pictures are below of my Oil gauge setup.

And i'll try a describe what i done.

I decided to use the port in the engine block that the standard oil pressure switch screws into to fit my gauge senders etc.

The Standard Oil Pressure switch threads are M14 x 1.5 just for reference to anyone (I got it sized up at the hydraulics supplier i got my fittings from)

Originally i was gonna go with a t piece straight out from the standard oil pressure switch port, but after seeing the size of my oil pressure sender i knew this wasn't possible as the space is tight at it'd hit the oil filter etc.

And i was wanting to fit my Oil Temperature Gauge sensor and standard oil pressure switch back into the t piece as well.

So after thinking what i'd do, to get the standard oil pressure switch back in the line i went down the road of the following.

I fitted it remotely using a length of hose and using variety of fittings(theres heaps of them but it's all my local hydraulics supplier had to go down to a 1/8 npt female t piece for the senders and to get the t piece for the hose into the line).
Its shown in the pictures and the senders are mounted to it on front of the engine block where there was a bit more space along with the standard oil pressure switch.

I know the oil manifold (i'll call it that) with the fittings and the senders screwed into it doesn't look nice cable tied to the fuel rail cover but i couldn't mount it anywhere else as the standard oil pressure sensor wire wasn't long enough to stretch anywhere else.

And i didn't want to cut and extend the oil pressure switch wire.

And i can still remove the fuel rail cover with this manifold attached after unplugging the standard oil pressure switch wire.

This still allows access to the oil filter for changing.

I think i may have to put a t piece into the M14 oil fitting in the engine block as i don't think i'll get a true oil temperature reading with the sender being screwed into the oil manifold i made up.

P.s Excuse the mess of my engine bay it needs a clean, its a bit dusty. :(

Image012-2.jpg

Image040.jpg

Image041.jpg

Image042.jpg

Image044.jpg

Image016.jpg

Image034-1.jpg

Image029-1.jpg

Image031.jpg

Image025-1.jpg

Image027-1.jpg

Image045.jpg

Image022.jpg

Image019.jpg

Image007.jpg

Image008.jpg

Image009.jpg

About 20-30 quid for fittings etc i think (i dunno my mate just added them to his works account) ;)

And the Guages were about 60 quid.

I'm gonna try and mount it somewhere else though, dunno where thats the thing.

And maybe mount the oil temp sender in a t piece on the block for a better reading.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
I'm liking the idea of an oil pressure gauge, along with a boost gauge for my leon. :)

ValverInBits
I can see why you couldnt just use a T peice, christ that pressure sender is huge!

Be interested to know typical readings your getting from them and how accurate you think the readings are.

Good work, Gauges look mint

I can see why you couldnt just use a T peice, christ that pressure sender is huge!

Be interested to know typical readings your getting from them and how accurate you think the readings are.

Good work, Gauges look mint

I know tell me about it, the senders bigger than i thought it'd be :S

The new one i received is the same size as the old broken pressure sender.

I'm now on the hunt for hydraulic fittings to try and reduce the lenght of the manifold i have them all screwed into ;)

Especially from the left of the hose t piece to the standard oil pressure switch.

As for how accurate the gauges are i guess i'd have to t piece a newly calibrated gauge in the line somewhere is that what you meant by accurate readings ?

Or do you mean checking to see if the pressure gauge is giving the correct reading at certain engine speeds ?

ValverInBits
Yeah, I mean just some figures you have taken from it. eg oil temp once warm, after a good rag, pressure at 4k and at idle. Then compare this to figures that other people may already be getting on track weapons.
thats the easy way to get an idea of accuracy :)

Yeah, I mean just some figures you have taken from it. eg oil temp once warm, after a good rag, pressure at 4k and at idle. Then compare this to figures that other people may already be getting on track weapons.
thats the easy way to get an idea of accuracy :)

Ok i gotcha now ;)

'92 172, Lotus Elise
that pressure sender is massive!!

I'm hoping to just put both senders onto a t-piece as they're small

I'm going to go get my sump bolts and adapter tomorrow (missioning it into brighton :()

will post some pics of my set up

wont be able to get values until the engine is built

'92 172, Lotus Elise
bump!

who did you get your t-piece from D1CKY?

I'm just looking for a (non fixed if possible) 14x1.5 t-piece, but no one seems to be able to supply one - they can make it work like yours though i.e. lots of bushes and adapters... bit too messy imo :(

my pressure sender is small so I don't need to relocate

I hope you understand what i'm trying to say here

Lol :)

My T piece came from a hydraulic place/supplier called Stauff and its all 1/8npt female threads

http://www.stauff.co.uk/

They have places/depots all around the country.

As said above the fittings/ports on the t piece are 1/8npt female with adaptors/fittings to fit it onto the oil rail/manifold thing i made up with the hose that goes/comes from the engine block.

For using hose from engine block to locate senders else where.

I had to order my m14x1.5 male to unknown male thread fitting to go into the block as they didn't have any in stock.( thread was unknown as it was to suit the female connector/connection thread on the hose i used to relocate the senders) :S

For t piece straight into engine block

You'll need an m14x1.5 male to 1/8npt male straight hydraulic fitting to use as an adaptor to attach/screw the 1/8npt female thread t piece into.

If your senders aren't 1/8npt you'll need a t piece with female threads to suit them ;) and a m14x1.5 male to whatever your sender threads are male fitting/adaptor.

Then you screw in your oil senders

P.s Remember and wrap PTFE Thread tape around all npt threads ;)

Any chance you could post a pic of your pressure sender if you can ;)

Have you bought any fittings at all ?

Any other problems p.m me or reply back ;)

Standard Oil Pressure switch Setup before Gauge/Gauge Senders setup

Here is where the standard oil pressure light switch was before i decided to use the port to fit the gauge senders

oilpressuresensor.jpg

Fitting from block

Male 14x1.5 to male hose thread.

Image034-1.jpg

Image016.jpg

Image031.jpg

1/8 Npt female/female/female T Piece

The T piece is at the far right with the monsterous oil pressure sender screwed into bottom of it and the oil temperature sender screwed into the right side and the standard green oil pressure light switch is screwed back in at the far left of all the fittings ;)

Image025-1.jpg

Last edited:
I went to Stauff armed with the Standard greeen oil pressure switch to make sure i was ordering the correct male to male M14x1.5 fitting for the engine block.

I checked this by screwing on a M14x1.5 female hydraulic fitting they had in stock onto the oil pressure switch to check it was ok and matched up correctly.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
both my oil pressure switch (obviously) and the oil pressure sender are 14x1.5

my pressure sender is small, so i just need a t/y piece...

that's what I was asking ;)

my hydraulic shop offered a similar solution to yours (i.e. convert everything to 3/8) but it's a bit messy for my liking

heres an example of the oil pressure sender connected up to a 14x1.5mm t-piece

P010508_163501.jpg

except instead of having the turbo feed out the top i'll have the original oil pressure switch (and it will be on the front of the block)

found out this is available from pirtek as a 3-female t-piece and a male/male bush to connect to the block

a y piece might also be available...

Ah right i got ya now ;)

At least you don't have a oil filter in the way.

Is that a Renault Oil Pressure sender there as it has M14 x1.5 threads.