ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheres my 5 k kick

clio 172 ph2
hello,
rite i here u lot talking bout your 5 k rpm kick, is this a fair bump or very gradgual??/
i had my car of brotheer in law, and to be fair she was a dog, but i coud not say no to her as i was mad for one, he wanted rid, its never been drove hard and neverer serviced till i had it. shame shame i know. im slowly getting her back to life. shes a 52 plater with 65000 ish??? any way when i boot it i cant feel no surge around this certain rpm. cheers christian

clio 172 ph2
i know i know!!! was quite good nick the oil to be fair, may have had a service or two but not her bros knowlage. it pulls hard but thats it lol

Mustang, S13, AX GT
The 5k 'kick' doesn't actually exist, its just where it pulls a teeny tiny bit harder. I've never noticed it but then I'm coming from a turbo car where you really do get a kick up the arse.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
in my 172 i didn't notice it, when i changed it for my 182 i noticed a massive 5k kick.

Some are more noticeable than others. My old 172 was nuts above 5k, very noticeable "kick"

clio 172 ph2
yea tell me about it, wiping out every mile bout the belts, hoping to get down to k tec n have that n the coilys sorted soon, just saved up, so my worrying bout nothing with this 5 k thing?/ cheers lads

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Mine doesnt have the 5k cliche. Does that mean theres something wrong?

53 Clio 172
the 5k kick is most def there! my car has more issues than 'the saturdays' but still get the change in scream from 5k when it AHHHHHHHHHHS its way to the limiter although this is the fastest car I have owned so maybe im just a girl?

clio 172 ph2
well well well. very mixed replys there. well guess ill hav the k tec boys to hav a look at it when i go down. theres also this slight belts whine almost like the pas pump but its when i rev it, does this tell us any thing???/ fanks

R26
the 5k kick is most def there! my car has more issues than 'the saturdays' but still get the change in scream from 5k when it AHHHHHHHHHHS its way to the limiter although this is the fastest car I have owned so maybe im just a girl?

i love you jonny.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
It increases in power, and accelerates faster, it is not a 'kick'.

Ever driven a turbo?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Seriously guys if you think the 172 kicks you really need to experience a turbo, even the surge from a turbo diesel is more pronounced than the 5k kick heh.. Although perhaps its my perception of a 'kick.' I see a kick as a pronounced surge of power that pushes you right back in your seat not a slightly noticeable pull through the wheel. My 200SX or my cousins Mustang GT, they had a kick. A 172 really doesn't..

ITB'd MK1
My 200SX .

I REALLY wish you'd been in mine mate. now THAT had a kick

IMAG0029.jpg

53 Clio 172
But with all due restekpah as I said it is the fastest car I have owned so hence my naive words, also I have sobered up since posting the last comment so apologies for 'the saturdays' comment.....:clown:

Seriously guys if you think the 172 kicks you really need to experience a turbo, even the surge from a turbo diesel is more pronounced than the 5k kick heh.. Although perhaps its my perception of a 'kick.' I see a kick as a pronounced surge of power that pushes you right back in your seat not a slightly noticeable pull through the wheel. My 200SX or my cousins Mustang GT, they had a kick. A 172 really doesn't..

Focus RS + S3
well well well. very mixed replys there. well guess ill hav the k tec boys to hav a look at it when i go down. theres also this slight belts whine almost like the pas pump but its when i rev it, does this tell us any thing???/ fanks

sounds like the lower idler on the aux belt mate if its never had the change, mine was whining its t1ts off untill i had the belts done

Fiesta ST-3
I would say mine pulls harder after 4k tbh. Just my opinion. Obviously nothing like a turbo etc.

Clio Sport 182
5k kick? PMSL. Driving this Clio for me is like driving a school bus after my last car! Get yourself a cheap Mitsi Evo III or IV for 5k kicks! LOL I'd love a tc'd Clio tho. bet that would feel fun.

All patronising aside for a moment...

Call it what you like there is a definite and very noticeable "surge", "kick", "whatever" at 5.5k. I'm sure it's nothing like driving summat with a giant turbo but it's there, no doubt about it. Anything else is semantics.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
All patronising aside for a moment...

Call it what you like there is a definite and very noticeable "surge", "kick", "whatever" at 5.5k. I'm sure it's nothing like driving summat with a giant turbo but it's there, no doubt about it. Anything else is semantics.

Agreed. Mine gets going enough to break traction in 2nd/3rd when it gets to 5k (in the wet only though).