ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2 16v clio progress thread.

ekaJ - deffinately use the debobbler. You'll be amazed at what it can do. It's put my interior to pretty much new.

Don't be scared to be forceful with it! I wasted 15mins going gently and getting nowhere lol

So now my interior is complete. Fitted the front seats today. Full Renault sport half leather alcantara interior and door cards.

8C2C31ED-30E0-4490-A068-56A38FADF0A8-2898-000000FEF57D817F.jpg

199E709C-4CC0-497F-A762-1DC3065F8000-2898-000000FEF11E4C2F.jpg

Rate and slate :)

Up to date mods so far:

Exterior =

172 projector headlights and HID kit.
White sidelights, Silver vision indicators.
Plain black fog blanks.
172 16" alloys in anthracite.
Lowered 40mm on spaxx springs.
Colour coded door handles.
De wipered and colour coded wiper blank.
Colour coded 172 spoiler.
Straight through Scorpion Le Mans twin exhaust

Interior =

All interior bulbs changed to white LED's.
Anthracite dash inserts.
Full 172 - half alcantara / half leather interior
(Front seats, rear seats and door cards).
Renault Sport interior door handles.
Alpine E type uprated speakers front and rear.
Sony headunit with iPhone compatability.
Wired in LED strip for boot (original light in the boot is pants).

Future modifications =

Colour coded side strips & bullets.
Colour coded front bumper inserts.
Colour coded fog light blanks.
Scoda Fabia front splitter
RS grille.
Bosch aero wipers.
Fit rear 172 bumper.
Fit new rear number plate bulb holder.
Remove window tints and front sun strip.

Let me know what you think guys?!

1.2 16v Clio
looking good man! are your rear lights smoked? as you know ive got the same as you more or less but i wasnt so sure smoked lights would be any good on a light coloured car.
do they look alright?? also that tint makes it look smart!

looking good man! are your rear lights smoked? as you know ive got the same as you more or less but i wasnt so sure smoked lights would be any good on a light coloured car.
do they look alright?? also that tint makes it look smart!

I smoked the rear lights myself, because all the ones you get off eBay are literally black and look gash! So I done a light smoke myself buddy.

In all fairness I loved the tints and smoked lights, but now I want to rove the tints and smoked rear lights lol.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Love this thread! Makes me want to do some more to my car, Thinking of 182 alloys in anthracite and lowering. How hard was it to do the lowering and what did you use?

Love this thread! Makes me want to do some more to my car, Thinking of 182 alloys in anthracite and lowering. How hard was it to do the lowering and what did you use?

Lowering the rears was a doddle mate - there's a good thread on how to change the springs on a clio - just google it buddy :) the fronts can be a right pain as the bolts tend to seize on old cars. Tonnes of wd40 a few days before goes a long way to loosen them off :)

The rears are seperate from the dampner but the front springs are a part of the front dampner, which makes the rears easy in comparison to the fronts :)

Here's some pictures after she was fully cleaned and my first sttempt at minor detailing. Pretty chuffed with how the gris boreal paint came up :)

she was washed, waxed, SRP'd and EGP'd

e7uvytug.jpg

5epudepe.jpg

synyvu2u.jpg

za4eqapa.jpg

myjaquga.jpg

Makes me miss my old one! The Gris Boreal looks lovely in the sun!

The xenons are a nice touch too, wouldn't mind a set for mine ;)

Cheers buddy.
The best colour of the non-sports IMO ;-) mines nothing in comparison to your gorgeous inferno! Keep an eye on the for sale thread, always a bargain to be had with xenon's, I waited months till the right pair came up, then done a 130mile round trip to get them, well worth it!

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Agreed the inferno is just an amazing colour!!

No worries man, I've subbed to this anyway now, looking forward to see what else you've got planned :) I need to come to some CS meets next year when mines finished

Arctic 182
Just a bit of feedback for Billy here as I bought the K&N filter he advertised on here. Postage was very quick & he helped me out with questions I had over PM. All in all a decent bloke to deal with, cheers mate!

172 rear bumper is on it's way up from Devon with my grandad on the 14th July.

However I now have the dilemma of whether to fit it and get a colour code - or wait till my 21st in September and treat myself to an RS...