ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where's the cheapest place to find Williams Coilovers??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm after some KW or H&R Coilovers for a Williams.

Cheapest I can find is about £600 but I want cheaper.

Anyone got any suggestions please?

X

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There was a guy on here that had a set, but he hasn't been on here since march and his PM box is full.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Stay clear from AVO tbh..... few people i know have had alot of problems with them

Didn't smokey have some H&R's up for grabs second hand?

Oh really? 2Live raves about them and he's pretty handy on the black top!

Ive used them in the past and had no problems with them... if you look on williamsclio, a few members have had to return them a few times due to failings

They are nice cheap with club discount and mine came the next day... was about 2 years ago mind lol

Twingo 133
Don't waste your money on AVO's
Cheap and nasty, better off with standard.
LEDA's or H&R.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Suppose it's debateable...I personally don't rate H&R and our leda's went back about 5times on the Caterham before we switched to Billi's!!

No experience with Avo's tho.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Christ. Nobody seems to rate H&R's or AVO's!

I think I'll stick with KW's then.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have them at the moment on a 172 that i've got. Only done one track day in it but the setup was bloody awesome!!

Williams 1 (no.69)
Suppose it's debateable...I personally don't rate H&R and our leda's went back about 5times on the Caterham before we switched to Billi's!!

No experience with Avo's tho.

Funny that - H&R's adjustable coilover packages for the Mk1 clio's use bilstein dampers. and H&R are well renowned for their spring design.
Thus making your post above slightly contradicting.

I would go for H&R adjustable coilovers personally.
bilstein dampers.
And H&R have LOADS of experience in designing springs - do your research before making a decision.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Still really struggling here chaps. Want to order some but i'm getting so many fcuking opinions..... :S

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Funny that - H&R's adjustable coilover packages for the Mk1 clio's use bilstein dampers. and H&R are well renowned for their spring design.
Thus making your post above slightly contradicting.

I would go for H&R adjustable coilovers personally.
bilstein dampers.
And H&R have LOADS of experience in designing springs - do your research before making a decision.

Duely corrected.

Although thats only on the mk1. mk2 172/and V6 don't use Billi dampers!

Dan- KW are leagues ahead imo! Although that doesn't your question Re. where to buy!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got Fred on the case re KW V1's. He seems to rate them very highly.

I've emailed a few traders off here but as per usual they promise a lot but deliver fcuk all.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nothing wrong with the three sets of H&R's ive had, very refined, and very very good. Not the usual cheap rubbish. All H&R coilover sets i've seen use Bilsein inserts, hardly a crap name is it?!