ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheres the vent?

banther

ClioSport Club Member
So this very morn upon returning from B&Q I saw a very nice 197 (I think).

It has me thinking about one. However, the thing I found myself liking about it the most was the vents in front of the back wheels here;

Vent_zpsc90c570a.png

I've had a look through the ads on here but I havent seen any with vents?! Is this an aftermarket thing?

Am I reverting to type and being a huge spastic?

Iceberg 172
It does have the vents mate. That's just a funny angle. Check out the rests of the pictures in that for sale thread.

Iceberg 172
OK just realised I'm being a complete mong.

I was looking at the car from behind so the vents were behind the front wheels.

Awesome.

/thread

Haha I thought you meant the front wheels. I was like "how can he not see them? !"

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Bellendical levels of retardation!

Shut up.

The 197/200's really stand out more in real life than in photos i've found.

Yeah - I hadnt really spent any time looking at one. They really are very good looking cars. Although I would want one with the rear spoiler this one had.

Haha I thought you meant the front wheels. I was like "how can he not see them? !"

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm a smidge embarrassed.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Flol!! When reading op I thought he meant the ones behind front wheels but the picture threw me.

Op went full r****d.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The 197 is a superb looking car. I'll have mine in Albi blue please. With the shitty gearbox and shocking MPG.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yup, they need some eibachs and a proper exhaust system as they sound like a sewing machine as standard.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
The 197 is a superb looking car. I'll have mine in Albi blue please. With the s**tty gearbox and shocking MPG.

Yeah thats what would worry me.

I dont think I could use it for work and it would be a pretty expensive toy as I could get a ph1 for weekend use for a grand.

Were the gearboxes repaired under warranty? If they've been replaced are there still issues?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
197s look epic with spacers and coilovers.

I like the "sprint spoiler" (duck bum I call it) rather than the Cup spoiler.

Craig had a lovely RB 197, perfect imo.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Albi Blue 197, spacers, a nice drop, turinis or ultraleggera's oh and meg engine