ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which 182 should i get?????

RenaultSport clio 182ff
Trying to get a 182 as my 3rd clio sport. I've had some different cars for the last 18months and i really miss the fun you can have.

I'm after a full fat 182, preferably in racing blue. I've been offered 2, one has stripes, is a 2004 54 plate, 10k miles, for £9500. the other is 2005 05 plate, 5k miles, for £10600.

A few questions for you helpful people.

1. Can the stripes from the cheaper car be removed without damage or marks on the paintwork??

2. Which do you guys think is better value (are either of these good value??)??

3. Other than recaros, has anyone fitted sports seats to their 182, how much and was it tricky??

Thanks for your advice:cheers:

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
1.im 98% sure they can be removed safely
2.i'd say by a smidgin that the 54 plate one sounds better value, but only cus its cheaper! i think it would be down to personal preference, but i think you would get more money in the long term for the 05 plate, with it being a slightly newer car
3.not any experience in this department, as i have recaros, but so long as you get the correct subframes, any seats should be able to go in

Clio 182
racing blue is nice but i dont like the stripes, Take both cars out for a drive and see what they go like, you never know one might drive like crap.

Yep the strups can be removed there just stuck on you might find the colour is sligtly differet but a polish should get rid of the difference.
I'd go for the cheaper one £1k is a lot of cash but unless it trade you should be looking at £500 less private IMO.
Loony and GaryG have put aftermarket seats in there 182's but the 182, 172 and any Mk2 Clio have the same seat instalation. Its not tricky just a bit fiddle I think.