ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which alloys fit clios other than renault ones?

mk1 ph2 1.4
As above, which other manufacturers wheels will fit clios? any chance of 205 gti alloys fitting or anything along those lines as im not really into aftermarket alloys...
Any help appreciated!

cheers

tiTTy & SV650
205 gti and peugeot in general use a different bolt pattern 4 by 108mm pitch I think, whereas the clios all up until 2005 are 4 x 100mm.

The centre bore on clios needs to be quite big too, offsets tend to be 37mm - 45mm. clios have a bore of 60.1mm

http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/sear...&strSort=Low&Make=Renault&Model=Clio 2 2.0 RS

Vauxhall wheels usually look suitable but the centre bores are often too small so you need to make sure the wheels got spigot rings so you can change the centre bore to suit the car.

http://www.mrtrally.com.au/performance/howwheels.htm

mk1 ph2 1.4
Ahh thanks very helpful. So whats the difference between the bore and the offset?
Well ive found some compomotives i like the look of, that were fitted to a mk1 clio, not anyones on here are they?

Ahh thanks very helpful. So whats the difference between the bore and the offset?
Well ive found some compomotives i like the look of, that were fitted to a mk1 clio, not anyones on here are they?

If they fit a Mk1 they fit a Mk2 the only difference is the offset ALl CLios use the same bore except the 197 and the V6

Bore is the size of the center hole of the alloys the Clio is unique realy the Vauxhall uses a similar bolt spacing but smaller spiggot.

Offset is the distance the wheel sits in on the wheel.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
vauxhall and vw fit, but as mentioned, the centre bores are different sizes, but you can get spiggott rings from places like demon tweeks to overcome this (cheap too)

also bare in mind et (offset too!!)

tiTTy & SV650
So whats the difference between the bore and the offset?

As Edde says the bore is the centre hole size.

The offset is how far the mounting surface is from the outside of the wheel i.e. how far in or out the wheels will sit on the car.

You can buy spacers but be aware that they work backwards i.e. if you bought a 45mm offset wheel and bought 5mm spacers it'd become a 40mm offset and not a 50mm offset.